Penguins are black and white flightless birds found in Northrend. Some tuskarr breed penguins as farm animals. It seems that a number of wild penguins are led by a large member of the race known as the Penguin King.
Tundra penguins often gather in large groups on the ice for protection against aquatic threats. Unfortunately this makes them easy prey for humanoid hunters seeking meat, skins and other achievements.
As a companion pet
- gives the ability to summon Pengu. It can be bought when Exalted with the Kalu'ak.
- Tundra Penguins can be captured in pet battles in Borean Tundra and Dragonblight.
- was a reward for players who converted their World of Warcraft accounts to Battle.net accounts early. It is no longer available.
Penguin critters can be found throughout the Northrend levels of Warcraft III, where they appear to be farmed by the Tuskarr. The mysterious Penguin King also appears in this game. There is also a penguin called Little Timmy, part of a running gag of calling NPCs in Warcraft III Timmy.
- Mages can cause their to transform the target into a penguin using .
- The wallpapers in many goblin buildings depict penguins.
- The penguins of Warcraft III looked like Pen Pen the penguin from Neon Genesis Evangelion.