Hello there! We are conducting a survey to better understand the user experience in making a first edit. If you have ever made an edit on Gamepedia, please fill out the survey. Thank you!
- For other versions, see Peon (disambiguation).
- “All muscle and no brain, that's what peons are! They're great when you can motivate them, but they have to be 'kick' started, if you know what I mean.”
Peons are the laborers, workers and lumberjacks of Horde and the orcish clans. They are typically unfit for battle, cowardly and lazy but their work is simply indispensable for the other orcs to focus on battle. This is why the importance of the peon is recognized in the holiday Peon Day. Physically most peons are permanently bent from years of labor and trudge expressionlessly in their duty, a large sack slouched over malformed shoulders that are broader than any soldier's.
This section concerns content related to Warcraft: Orcs & Humans.
- Main article: Peon (Warcraft I)
The lowliest of the Orcs, these dogs were good for little more than rough work. They were commanded to cut wood or mine the pits for gold. They also made strong laborers in the construction of all manner of buildings. They were all cowards, and would run like little children if attacked.
- Main article: Peon (Warcraft II)
The label of peon denoted the lowest station amongst those in the Orcish Horde. Inferior in all skills of import, these dogs were relegated to menial tasks such as harvesting lumber and mining gold. Their labor was also required for the construction and maintenance of buildings necessary to support the vast undertakings of the Horde. Downtrodden, the orc peons slaved thanklessly to please their overseers.
- Main article: Peon (Warcraft III)
The label of Peon denotes the lowest station amongst those in the Orcish Horde. Inferior in all skills of worth, these dredges are relegated to menial tasks such as harvesting lumber and mining gold. Their labor is also required for the construction and maintenance of buildings necessary to support the vast undertakings of the Horde. Downtrodden, but exceedingly loyal, the orc peons toil endlessly to provide for the greater Horde.
In the RPG
Pity the poor peon, working from dusk to dawn, slaving away in the service of orc and Horde.
Commonly treated with contempt, the wise Thrall knows that without these sturdy little guys, the Horde war machine would grind to a halt. They are nearly worthless in combat, which is why they prefer to hide in Burrows and throw spears out the windows, if it comes to that.
World of Warcraft
With the rise of Thrall, peons began being treated in a gentler manner, at least by Thrall and the Frostwolves. Thrall makes continuous movements to make sure peons are treated as equals in the society of the New Horde. Despite this, some of the other upper class orcs, like the Kor'kron, still continue to mistreat peons as such, especially when Thrall is not around. 
Most peons still have the same soundset and quotes as in Warcraft III. Interestingly enough, many peons all over Azeroth, Outland and Draenor also share the same face, maybe a nod from Blizzard to the fact that many Alliance peasants share the same model.
Peon themselves are often under the watch of a foreman, overseer, or overlord, who sometimes physically abuse them through blackjacks or booterangs. While it is rare, it is possible for a peon of the Dragonmaw clan to rise from the dregs to attain a new rank, like that of overseer.
- Ukor - Durotar
- Lanti'gah - Barrens
- Peon Bolgar - Hellfire Peninsula
- Peon Gakra - Storm Peaks
- Orc Sea Pup - Silverpine Forest
- Suspicious Peon - Orgrimmar
- Senior Peon II - Frostwall
- Murg Stonecrack - Ashran (formerly)
This section concerns content related to the original World of Warcraft.
- Lazy Peon - Durotar
- Warsong Peon - Ashenvale
- Hammerfall Peon - Arathi Highlands
- Coldmine Peon - Alterac Valley
- Irondeep Peon - Alterac Valley
- Thrallmar Peon - Hellfire Peninsula
- Bleeding Hollow Peon - Hellfire Peninsula
- Stonebreaker Peon - Terokkar Forest
- Warped Peon - Terokkar Forest
- Shadowmoon Peon - Shadowmoon Valley
- Dragonmaw Peon - Shadowmoon Valley
- Disobedient Dragonmaw Peon - Shadowmoon Valley
- Horde Peon - Battle for Mount Hyjal
- Warsong Hold Peon - Borean Tundra
- Warsong Peon - Borean Tundra
- Bor'gorok Peon - Borean Tundra
- Warsong Peon - Dragonblight
- Wintergrasp Peon - Wintergrasp
- Warsong Peon - Icecrown Citadel
- Durotar Farmhand - Durotar
- Dranosh'ar Laborer - Durotar
- Orgrimmar Skyway Peon - Orgrimmar
- Caravan Peon - Northern Barrens
- Splintertree Peon - Ashenvale
- Demoralized Peon - Ashenvale
- Frightened Peon - Stonetalon Mountains
- Krom'gar Peon - Stonetalon Mountains
- Stonard Peon - Swamp of Sorrows
- Cowering Peon - Swamp of Sorrows
- Hearthglen Drudge - Western Plaguelands
- Rok'nah Peon - Theramore's Fall
- Ragefire Peon - Secrets of Ragefire
- Twinspire Peon - The Jade Forest
- Garrosh'ar Peon - The Jade Forest
- Warfront Peon - Krasarang Wilds
- Hellscream Laborer - Northern Barrens
- Overburdened Laborer - Northern Barrens
- Orgrimmar Peon - Siege of Orgrimmar
- Frostwall Peon - Frostwall
- Frostwolf Peon - Frostfire Ridge
- Grom'kar Peon - all over Draenor
- Iron Peon - Shadowmoon Valley
- Iron Horde Peon - Shadowmoon Valley
- Gul'var Peon - Shadowmoon Valley
- Warspear Peon - Ashran
- Peon - Talador
- Riverside Peon - Nagrand
- Garrison Peon - Tanaan Jungle
- Vol'mar Peon - Tanaan Jungle
Notes and trivia
- In Warcraft: Orcs & Humans and Warcraft II: Tides of Darkness, Peon is a rank you can achieve.
- An SI:7 spy was once disguised as a peon.
- Amani'shi Peon is a forest troll peon.
Sleeping orc peon from the Alterac Pass battleground.
Orc peon cutting wood from the Alterac Pass battleground.
- ^ Warcraft: Orcs & Humans manual, Orcish Horde of the First War, Peon
- ^ Warcraft II: Tides of Darkness manual, Ground Units of the Orcish Horde, Peon
- ^ Bennie, Scott; Richard Farrese, Bob Fitch. Horde Player's Guide, 197-198. ISBN 9781588467720.
- ^ Foreman Thazz'ril
- ^ Gorsol
- ^ Peon Overseer
- ^ Chief Overseer Mudlump
- ^ Lug'ruk
- ^ Overlord Bor'gorok
- ^ Netherwing#Neutral to Friendly