|The subject of this article was removed from World of Warcraft in patch 6.0.2.
- "With each breath, I can sense that you are one step closer to death."
- – Saeryn Dusksorrow
Pestilence is a death knight ability that allows the Death Knight to spread their and from one target to other nearby targets within 10 yards. The minor can increase the range of spreading diseases by 5 yards. It costs 1 Blood Rune to cast.
Patches and hotfixes
- Patch 6.0.2 (2014-10-14): Removed. Effects have been merged into .
- Hotfix (2013-10-03): "Death and Decay, Howling Blast, and Pestilence should no longer incorrectly grant a radius bonus when cast while the Death Knight is moving."
- Patch 5.0.4 (2012-08-28): No longer causes spread diseases to deal additional damage.
- Hotfix (2009-04-15): "Death knights casting Reaping will no longer cause Pestilence to convert 2 Blood Runes into Death Runes."
- Patch 3.1.0 (2009-04-14): Does no damage and has only one rank.
- Patch 3.0.8 (2009-01-20): No longer has a 10 seconds cooldown.
- Patch 3.0.2 (2008-10-14): Added.