Pick a Yak
89 (Requires 88)
Use the Yak Lasso on Wild Townlong Yaks, then fight against them to see if they are suitable for Bluesaddle.
- Wild Townlong Yak Tested x12
- Suitable Yak Found
I can't find a single good yak here. ALL the yaks are bad!
Some are too stinky, some too fight-y, others just scared.
You look like a lucky <race>. Here, take a lasso. See if you can find a good yak for me.
See? I told you! No good yaks.
Well, well! A good yak!
Tell you what, <name>. I take this GOOD yak, and you can do whatever you want with this bad, bad one.
- 196000 XP
Find a yak and use the lasso on it. It will turn hostile, so take it down to 20% health. Yaks can pick from any of the following abilities:
- Yak Bash Melee range — Inflicts damage to an enemy, knocking it back. Instant. Hits for ~6600 Physical on cloth. Has a knock-up component.
- Musk Cloud — Deals periodic Nature damage to nearby enemies. Ticks once per second for 3779 Nature.
- Focused Strikes Melee range — Slices rapidly at the enemy for 5 sec. Channeled. Triggers...
- Focused Strike Melee range — Slices rapidly at the enemy, dealing 50% weapon damage. Instant. Hits for 2800-3500 Physical on cloth every 0.5 sec.
- Lumbering Charge — Charges an enemy's location, inflicting Physical damage to all players within 3 yards.
- Scared — Get scared. Instant. Self-"buff". Runs in fear to the exclusion of any attacks.
- Very Bad Yak — Very bad yak. Instant. Increases total health to 542,000. Opens with Lumbering Charge, uses Yak Bash or Focused Strikes. Drops Musk Clouds.
The final yak will turn friendly. Return to Bluesaddle.
- Patch 5.0.4 (2012-08-28): Added.