Picking a Fight
|End||Master Mathias Shaw|
|Level||110 (Requires 110)|
Kill demons until Vaultwarden Umbral appears and kill him. Then, set Mathias Shaw free.
They're coming, <name>! I will get to work unlocking these fel-magic chains from the cage. You keep the Legion at bay.
You have my eternal gratitude, <name>. Let it never be said that I have underestimated the reach and prowess of the Uncrowned.
The easy part's done. Now it's time to do the impossible.
- 20,560 XP
You will fight a total of three waves, after which Vaultwarden Umbra will appear. Once Mathias Shaw is rescued, use the nearby sewer exit for a quick return to the rogue class hall.
We must get Shaw out of this cage.
- Taoshi says: Here they come!
- The rogue adventurer deals with the first wave.
- Master Mathias Shaw says says: Get me out of here so that I can help.
- Taoshi says: You'll get your chance soon enough, Mathias.
- A second wave appears and meets the same fate as the first. Meanwhile Taoshi picklocks one of the fel locks.
- Taoshi says: One down, one to go.
- A lone felguard appears, but is no match for the rogue adventurer either.
- Vaultwarden Umbra yells: Enough! I will deal with you myself.
- Vaultwarden Umbra yells: My chains will shackle you.
- Vaultwarden Umbra says: ... I have failed you my lord, Detheroc...
- Master Mathias Shaw says: What's wrong, Taoshi?
- Taoshi says: I can't pick the lock. It is up to you, <name>.
- Mathias Shaw freed
- Mathias walks out of the cage.
- Master Mathias Shaw says: Thank you.
- Taoshi says: I will get Mathias to safety through the sewer tunnels.
- Taoshi says: We will see you back in the Chamber of Shadows, <name>.
- Level 98
- Acquire the chosen artifact:
- Level 101
- Level 102
- Level 103
- Patch 7.0.3 (2016-07-19): Added.