Pieces of History
|This article is a quest stub. You can help expand it by editing it.|
110 - 120 (Requires 110)
+75 Order of Embers
Search the ruins for information about the Drust.
- First Stone examined
- Second Stone examined
- Third Stone examined
- Fourth Stone examined
- Fifth Stone examined
There is an opportunity here.
Learning more about the Drust can not only help us understand the texts that Lady Lucille found, we might be able to discover greater details about how they and their constructs were finally defeated. Filling in the gaps of history could be key to victory now.
This was one of their settlements before it became the place of their final defeat. Let's look for clues in the ruins.
You will receive:
Interesting.... Very interesting.
Gorak Tul's death shattered his army! The carvings here all show that, but now I wonder... Did Gorak Tul actually die?
Just south along the road, Captain Lilian Nottley starts .
- Inquisitor Cleardawn says: It seems as if the Kul Tirans in this stele are... Civillians? Sailors and some farmers?
- Inquisitor Cleardawn says: Wait, this depicts one of the early Kul Tiran settlements. One of the lost settlements.
- Inquisitor Cleardawn says: When we landed here we tried peace, but the Drust went to war immediately. Only a few tolerated new neighbors.
- Inquisitor Cleardawn says: But this... They've glorified the slaughter! The Kul Tirans don't even have weapons!
- Inquisitor Cleardawn says: It's a victory over another Kul Tiran settlement. The large figure in the center is their legendary leader, I think.
- Inquisitor Cleardawn says: Interesting that we don't see any of their constructs taking the field.
- Inquisitor Cleardawn says: HA! And here we are fighting back!
- Inquisitor Cleardawn says: Even their leader is withdrawing from the field.
- Inquisitor Cleardawn says: This is clearly Gorak Tul, their greatest leader. Ah! He's leading a ritual to create the stone constructs!
- Inquisitor Cleardawn says: The constructs began to take the field. He'd run out of living warriors so he created a new army. But what empowered the stones?
- Inquisitor Cleardawn says: Interesting. I hadn't realized the constructs came later as part of his desperation to win.
- Inquisitor Cleardawn says: This isn't Drust. It's a Kul Tiran carving over a Drust Monolith.
- Inquisitor Cleardawn says: That's Lord Arom Waycrest when he was just a Colonel leading the final assault. And there... That is Gorak Tul being stabbed by Waycrest.
- Inquisitor Cleardawn says: Histories of this event always say Lord Arom killed Gorak Tul and his army fell thereafter. But here you can see all his constructs shattering as he's stabbed and his power broken. There was some connection.
- Patch 8.0.1 (2018-07-17): Added.