Piercing Howl is a level 26 Fury warrior ability. It is an AoE Shout debuff that costs 10 Rage, and reduces movement speed of nearby enemies by 50% for 15 seconds. This effect is unaffected by diminishing returns.
Tips and tactics
- An extremely useful ability. It provides a rudimentary method of dealing with runners, as unlike , it does not require a successful melee hit and, unlike Hamstring, can be used in defensive stance which is particularly helpful for tanks. It also offers a useful method of escaping from a fight gone bad, slowing all pursuers enough for the warrior to get a decent head start.
- Note that the only effect this has is on enemy movement. It deals no damage nor affects enemy combat abilities, so it is of no real use during a hectic melee fight.
- Piercing Howl is safe to use around any crowd controled opponents, precisely because it does no damage. It is a hostile act, however, and so will aggro any neutral mobs in range.
- Does not require a weapon to be equipped, making it usable even when disarmed.
- This ability will also caused nearby stealthed targets to appear, just like , and .
- While this ability is primarily intended for PvP combat, it does have some PvE uses such as: Keeping ghouls away during the quest , crowd controling Blood Beasts in the fight against Deathbringer Saurfang, and delaying the ghouls in the 2nd phase of the Black Knight (in Trial of the Champion).
- Patch 6.0.2 (2014-10-14): Changed to a baseline ability for Fury warriors. has taken its place as a talent.
- Patch 5.0.4 (2012-08-28): Now available to all specializations as a talent. Duration increased from 6 to 15 sec. Radius increased from 10 to 15 yards.
- Patch 1.6.0 (2005-07-12): No longer has a prerequisite (Improved Demoralizing Shout).