Pillars of Creation
- Not to be confused with World Pillar.
- This article is about the lore of the Pillars. For the related achievement, see . For the eponymous quest, see .
The Pillars of Creation are relics that were created by the titan Pantheon and gifted to the titan-forged Keepers so they could shape the world when it was young. During the War of the Ancients, the Burning Legion attempted to open a secondary portal besides the one at the Well of Eternity inside the Temple of Elune of Suramar in order to attack the night elves on two fronts. The Highborne of Suramar used the Pillars of Creation to close the portal and put several seals on the Temple.
They were named after the members of the Pantheon, except for the Tears of , and could be found all across the Broken Isles. The Armies of Legionfall plan to use them to close the portal inside the Tomb of Sargeras.
In the meantime, the Pillars are stored in the Portrait Room of Dalaran. Each of the five Pillars of Creation must be used in a particular place within the Tomb of Sargeras to halt the Legion's invasion and save Azeroth.
|Pillar||Zone||Former location||Slot in Tomb of Sargeras|
|Stormheim||In the possession of in the Halls of Valor||Placed atop the Cathedral of Eternal Night|
|Azsuna||Destroyed by , fragments remained within Nar'thalas Academy||Placed at the Abyssal Throne|
|Eye of Aman'thul||Suramar||Remained in Suramar City at the Font of Night, Nighthold||Placed at Felstorm's Breach|
|Highmountain||Guarded by the united tribes of Highmountain in Thunder Totem||Placed in the Conclave of Torment|
|Tears of Elune||Val'sharah||Kept in the Temple of Elune||Placed in the Befouled Sanctum|
- The Eye of Aman'thul was confirmed to come from the titan Aman'thul.
- The was confirmed to come from the titan .
- It is unknown how several of the Pillars left the elves' possession. The Highborne of Suramar used the Pillars to seal the Legion's portal in the Temple of Elune during the War of the Ancients. Then, they used the Eye of Aman'thul to put up a shield around their city, entering an isolation of 10 000 years. However, several of the Pillars were gone between these two moments.
- The Tidestone of Golganneth ended up in Nar'thalas Academy, in Azsuna, where shattered it, cursing the entire region.
- The Hammer of Khaz'goroth ended up in Neltharion's possession. It was then stolen from Neltharion's Vault by after the final battle of the War of the Ancients, who used it to banish the Aspect, now Deathwing, to Deepholm. This means that Neltharion retrieved the Hammer right after the Highborne used it to seal the Temple and stored it within his Vault, before Huln stole it from him.
- The Aegis of Aggramar ended up in Keeper 's possession, in the Halls of Valor.
- The Tears of Elune were stored in the Temple of Elune of Val'sharah.
- During Legion's reveal at Gamescom, 2015, it was stated that the Pillars of Creation were used twelve-thousand years ago by the Highborne to seal a wound in the earth, who then built the Temple of Elune over it. This has not been mentioned anywhere since then and was seemingly replaced by the War of the Ancients story first featured in Chronicle which was brought up again in The Tomb of Sargeras.
- The Tears of Elune were able to unlock 's core, , while it was stated by that only a descendant of Xe'ra such as could do so. Moreover, the Pillars of Creation were created by the titan Pantheon, leaving Elune's identity, nature, and relationship with Xe'ra a mystery.
- The Tears of Elune's connection to nature may indicate that it represents the titan .
- Oddly, there are only five Pillars, despite there being nine keepers and six titans in the Pantheon.
- ^ World of Warcraft: Chronicle Volume 1 pg. 103
- ^ Dungeon Preview: Cathedral of Eternal Night
- ^ Tomb of Sargeras Design Interview with Paul Kubit - "Pillars of Creation - which are from the titans themselves, like Aman’thul and Aggramar"
- ^ chaud 2015-08-09. Legion Dev Talk, Dev Interviews. MMO-Champion. Retrieved on 2015-08-09.