23 (Requires 21)
+250 rep with Darnassus
The last piece of the rod is held by druids of the claw. I asked their leader, Oso Bramblescar, to give it to me, but he and his guardians nearly killed me! Clearly they too were affected by the Horde's corruption of the Forest Heart.
But, I have an idea for how you can get into Oso's cave and grab the pommel.
Ever since I was a faun, I've been pretty good at playing possum. It works great against bears! I can teach you! Go east to the Shady Nook, and if they try to get you, just use my technique.
You will also receive:
Did you find the final piece of the rod, <name>? How did my technique work?
You got it? Wonderful for you... and for Raene!
I guess we'll have to see about reassembling it, won't we?
- Shael'dryn says: Playing possum is super easy, <name>. Just watch....
- Shael'dryn begins to play possum.
- She falls over "dead" and remains still for several moments before popping back up.
- Shael'dryn says: See?! That wasn't hard, was it? You'll have no problem fooling stinky old Oso Bramblepaw and his guardians now.
- Shael'dryn says: The rod's design is simple. Dartol didn't use his arcane knowledge in its creation... it is more druidic in nature.
- Shael'dryn says: Hehe... I made a pun, didn't I? Druidic in nature... I'm so funny.
- Shael'dryn says: Now, then... the rod. Let's see about putting it back together, shall we?
- Shael'dryn casts a brief spell.
- Shael'dryn says: There! That wasn't too bad. What did you say you and Raene were going to do with this thing? It's powerful!
The quest texts refer to Oso and his guardians as druids of the claw, but the guardians are tameable bears in-game.
- Patch 4.0.3a (2010-11-23): Added.