The Elemental Plane is the home of all elementals that were removed from Azeroth when the titan-forged Ra and Helya created four interlinked domains within a pocket dimension, imprisoning them millennia ago.
Halls of Valor and Helheim
Helya called upon the same powers she had used to secure the Elemental Plane and sealed off Odyn's fortress—the Halls of Valor—with an impregnable, magical barrier. She then proceeded to create Helheim as an enchanted refuge for herself and the other Val'kyr far below the Halls.
Other pocket dimensions
- Akazamzarak's Hat is a pocket dimension within the top hat of the goblin mage Akazamzarak.
- Prison of Ink is a location inside the Bloodshed Compendium book that inscription adventurers are sent to with the guidance of master blood scribe Kronah.
- The Battle for Mount Hyjal timeway in the Caverns of Time is described as happening in a "time pocket" separated from the world and history.
- The mages of Dalaran wove one around Ambermill, hiding it from the Forsaken. A Horde adventurer eventually shattered the pocket dimension, bringing Ambermill back to reality.
- A pocket universe was used by Krasus during the War of the Ancients in order to ensure the future of the blue dragonflight. The mage tore an opening in reality and put a few viable dragon eggs into this "pocket universe". He then sealed the opening until a later time when he could surrender the eggs to someone trustworthy. It is noted that time is significantly slower in the dimension.
- A pocket universe was created by Chromie, a bronze dragon in the guise of a gnome, within a room in the inn of Ruins of Andorhal.
- Malfurion Stormrage banished the worgen to a pocket dimension of the Emerald Dream where Daral'nir is located. From there Arugal summoned them.
- The chrysalun chambers are draconic artifacts that have a pocket universe within themselves.
- Void Storage is accomplished by housing items in a pocket dimension.
In the Shadowlands
The Other Side
In the Twisting Nether
Mardum, the Plane of Banishment
Mardum, the Shattered Abyss was formerly an impregnable pocket dimension within the Twisting Nether called "Mardum, the Plane of Banishment". It was a prison-world created by the titan Sargeras where he imprisoned all the demons he defeated.
Other pocket dimensions
- ^ World of Warcraft: Chronicle Volume 1, pg. 12, 32
- ^ World of Warcraft: Chronicle Volume 1, pg. 57 - 58
- ^ Battle for Mount Hyjal (instance)#Infinite dragonflight
- ^ The Sundering, pg. 25
- ^ Curse of the Worgen
- ^ Night of the Dragon
- ^ Thaumaturge Rafir#Quotes
- ^ World of Warcraft: Chronicle Volume 1, pg. 23
- ^ Tome of Blighted Implements