Port of Zem'lan
A view of Zem'lan from the Golden Isle
The Port of Zem'lan, also known as Zem'lan's port or simply Zem'lan, is a large, ruined Zandalari port town on the southwestern coast of Vol'dun. It is a cursed place, ruled over by Pirate-King Zem'lan and his crew of the eternal damned. In ages past, the port was attacked by the Faithless sethrak. Pirate-King Zem'lan refused to allow Zandalari refugees onto his ships to escape the sethrak attack and ordered his crew to rally and defend the port with their lives. However, when it became clear that the sethrak were too many, Zem'lan instead gathered his crew on the Golden Isle and conducted a ritual with three magical idols to curse his crew into undead skeletons, forced to serve him for eternity.
Thus, in the present day, the port is almost entirely inhabited by Zem'lan's skeletal pirates. The corpses of souldrained refugees, Zem'lan's own defenders, and the Faithless invaders litter parts of the ruins. Pirate-King Zem'lan doesn't stay in the port with the rest of his crew and instead keeps to the forbidden Golden Isle to the southwest, hoarding the treasures his pirates have plundered over the years, so that only he can enjoy them.
Lying the southern dock:
On the shore between the central and southern docks:
Inside a northeastern alcove:
Lying next to Cook Shak'mak on the northwestern outskirts:
On the northern outskirts:
- Freshly Dug Sand
- Guntha's Peace Offering
- Inert Voodoo Mask
- Treasure Maps
- Pirate Hats
- Zem'lan Blackeye Brew
- All characters in the Port of Zem'lan, including players, are passively afflicted with the "Eternal Curse of Zem'lan" debuff:
- Eternal Curse of Zem'lan — Damage taken increased by 10%. Damage done increased by 20%.
- Deceased NPCs have another version of the debuff with a different description:
- Eternal Curse of Zem'lan — Preserved by powerful dark magic.
- Both versions of the Eternal Curse of Zem'lan have the following cast description, but it is never seen in-game as only its buff version is present: "The terrible curse that Zem'lan unleased[sic] on the invading sethrak scarred this land forever."
- It is also possible to get cursed by the Recruit of the Damned or the Curse of Shrinking by opening the Zem'lan's Treasure on the Golden Isle.