Gamepedia was upgraded to MediaWiki version 1.31 on Wednesday November 14th. To learn more about the upgrade and its effects click here.
|The subject of this article was removed from World of Warcraft in patch 6.0.2.
Pounce is a druid sneak attack that stuns the target for a short period and causes damage over time. It is learned at level 32.
- This ability can be considered the equivalent of the rogue ability . Unlike Cheap Shot, Pounce has an additional bleed effect, and Pounce costs 50 energy compared to the 40 energy cost of Cheap Shot. Also, Pounce awards only one combo point while Cheap Shot awards two.
Tips and tactics
- A helpful initial attack when you need to get in a couple of attacks before the target has a chance to do anything.
- Also helpful when sneak attacking an enemy with a group.
- However, if you wish to deal the most damage possible in a shorter duration and/or if stun or bleeding effects aren't useful on your target (immunity, for example), you may use as an opener. Some things that are immune to bleeds can still be affected by the stun, which may allow you to get off one or more Shreds.
Patches and hotfixes
- Patch 6.0.2 (2014-10-14): Removed, but its effects has been incorporated into .
- Hotfix (2012-09-18): "Pounce should now correctly consume only one charge of ."
- Patch 3.1.0 (2009-04-14): No longer affected by diminishing returns with other stuns, however, it now shares a diminishing return with (Rogue).
- Patch 2.0.1 (2006-12-05): Pounce Rank 4 lasts 3 seconds and deals 600 damage, increased by attack power, doesn't require behind target. It is now a reliable opener for Cat Form.
- Patch 0.7 (2004-06-15): Damage and stun reduced. Energy cost reduced if Pounce fails.