Power Infusion is a level 100 Discipline and level 90 Shadow priest talent. It increases the priest's spell casting speed by 25%, and reduces either mana cost or increases Insanity generation for 20 seconds.
- Power Infusion was once a Discipline-exclusive spell which could be applied to a friendly target, or hoarded by the priest in question, and came with a number of restrictions:
- Did not stack with . If Arcane Power was already active, a priest casting Power Infusion would receive an error message "A more powerful spell is already active." If Power Infusion was already active on the mage, activating Arcane Power would override it.
- Did not not stack with //, or other haste effects which could be applied to others.
- Patch 7.2.5 (2017-06-13):
- Power Infusion has been moved to level 100 for Discipline (was 75).
- Power Infusion reduces mana costs by 25% (was 20%).
Patch 7.0.3 (2016-07-19): No longer available to Holy priests. Now increases Insanity generation for Shadow priests.
Patch 6.0.2 (2014-10-14): Now grants 25% Haste (up from 20%), but no longer increases damage (down from 5%).
Patch 5.2.0 (2013-03-05): Now increases the Priest's damage by 5% in addition to current effects.
Patch 5.0.4 (2012-08-28): Now a talent available to all specializations. Mana cost removed and duration increased from 15 sec to 20 sec but can now only be cast on the priest.
Patch 4.0.1 (2010-10-12): Moved to tier 3.
Patch 3.1.0 (2009-04-14): This effect now has a new spell effect and sound.
Patch 3.0.2 (2008-10-14): Cooldown reduced to 2 minutes, down from 3.
Patch 2.4.2 (2008-05-13): Will now consume the correct amount of mana when cast on yourself.
Patch 2.4.0 (2008-03-25): Infuses the target with power, increasing their spell haste by 20% and reducing the mana cost of all spells by 20%. Lasts for 15 seconds. This will not stack with other haste effects, such as Heroism or Bloodlust.
- Previously increased spell damage and healing by 20%.
- Patch 2.1.0 (2007-05-22): This ability is now unusable on Rogues or Warriors.
- Patch 1.10.2 (2006-05-02): This ability will no longer stack with . If you gain both at the same time, Arcane Power will take precedence.