Presence of Mind
|Presence of Mind|
Presence of Mind is a level 30 Arcane mage ability. When activated, causes the two to be instant cast.
- After activating Presence of Mind, a buff appears indicating the next cast will be instant. This buff will remain indefinitely until the effect is used. The cooldown will not begin until this current buff is consumed.
- Activating this ability does not trigger the global cooldown.
Tips and tactics
Once Presence of Mind is activated, the next instant spell can be cast while on the move, where it would normally require the mage to stop and cast. Thus, it can be used to cast large nukes while jumping or falling.
This ability is popular with the so-called Three-Minute Mage, a play style that gets its name from this ability and , which both originally had a 3-minute cooldown.
- Patch 7.1.5 (2017-01-10): Now available at level 30, and is no longer a talent.
- Patch 7.0.3 (2016-07-19): Changed into a level 10 spell to level 15 talent. Now only affects .
- Patch 6.1.0 (2015-02-24): Can once again be used with .
- Patch 6.0.2 (2014-10-14): Now a spell available only to the Arcane specialization. No longer works on Polymorph.
- Patch 5.0.4 (2012-08-28): Now available to all specializations as a talent.
- Patch 4.0.1 (2010-10-12): This talent is now a Tier 3 talent, down from Tier 5.
- Patch 3.0.9 (2009-02-10): Arcane Power and Presence of Mind now share a category cooldown. Arcane Power causes a 15 second cooldown. Presence of Mind, once consumed, causes a 1.5 second cooldown.
- Patch 3.0.9 (2009-02-10): Presence of Mind: The cooldown has been reduced to 2 minutes, (down from 3.)
- Patch 0.9 (2004-08-17): Reduced cooldown. Now only works on Mage spells with a cast time of less than 10 seconds.