- Preserved Holly
- Use: Your mount will be more festive. (1 Min Cooldown)
- Requires Level 20
- 1 Charge
Preserved Holly, as a stack of 5, is a quest reward from the following quests:
- This gives a 1 hour buff which changes your mount into a reindeer each time you mount, complete with sparkling feet that leave an energy/snowflake trail if you use a flying mount. There is a jingling bell sound when you mount and each time you jump, or take off in the case of a flying mount.
- This will not affect creatures or vehicles that use the vehicle UI, such as the jousting mounts at the Argent Tournament.
- Attempting to use a mount like the with this buff on will make you dismount when the holly takes effect.
- Originally this was a one-time-use item that worked until you got off of your mount. As such, people preferred not to waste it until they knew they would be on their mount for a while.
- The fist Winters Veil after flying mounts were introduced in World of Warcraft: The Burning Crusade , this did not work on flying mounts.
- Patch 3.0.8 (2009-01-20): Changed icon. Now gives 1 hour debuff that automatically transforms your mount when you mount up.
- Patch 1.8.4 (2005-12-06): Added.