|This article is a lore stub. You can help expand it by editing it.
- For the class, see Primal.
|Theater of operations|
Primals are various plant-like beings inhabiting Draenor, whose dominion is life and who intend to transform the entire planet into a lush jungle landscape. They are the children of the Sporemounds: some such as the genesaur fell off the Sporemounds' bodies during their fight with and gained a life of their own, while others such as the botani and podlings arose from spores infused with the Spirit of Life that released from during its death and fell onto plantlife. They are locked in an eternal war with the Breakers, who seek to transform the entirety of Draenor into a barren desert wasteland.
- Earlier in the expansion's development, the entire Primal family of creatures were called the Shapers.
- There was an additional Primal race known as the fara, which was cut from the expansion some time during its development.
- Though the Primals were not created by the Pantheon when they visited Draenor, the is a titan device that can control them.
- Like the Primals, the fungal Zangar encroachment also originates from the Sporemounds. Specifically, from .