|Level||75 - 82 Elite|
|Mana||71,220 - 166,760|
|Affiliation(s)||Scourge, Blood Prince Council|
|Former affiliation(s)||Quel'Thalas, Sunfury|
|Location||Befouled Terrace, Ahn'kahet: The Old Kingdom or The Crimson Hall, Icecrown Citadel|
After Kael'thas's failed assault against the Lich King, some of his greatest blood elf followers were slaughtered and raised into undeath as darkfallen. Prince Taldaram is one of these cunning and bloodthirsty vampiric beings. Always seeking to please the Lich King, he has entered the war-torn depths of Ahn'kahet in search of lost nerubian relics that can empower the Scourge's murderous ranks.
Taldaram, along with fellow blood-princes Keleseth and Valanar, have returned in Icecrown Citadel as members of the Blood Prince Council. The three princes were raised in undeath by the Lich King to avenge themselves upon their slayers and to act as bodyguards for Blood-Queen Lana'thel, the blood-queen of the San'layn.
In order to engage Prince Taldaram, his force shield must be deactivated. Before reaching his platform, there are two smaller platforms, each with four mobs and a crystal orb. To reach the platforms there is a spider-web bridge which can be difficult to spot if it's your first time in the instance. Kill the mobs and click the orbs. Once both have been clicked, the force shield around the platform nearby will disappear. The party should then go to the platform and engage the boss.
- Conjure Flame Sphere — Prince Taldaram conjures a sphere of pure Fire that floats through the air towards a player, inflicting Fire damage to players that come within 18 yards.
- Bloodthirst — Prince Taldaram thirsts for blood, causing his next 3 successful melee attacks to restore 1% health.
- Vanish — Prince Taldaram vanishes from sight and reappears behind a player, attacking them with the Embrace of the Vampyr.
- Embrace of the Vampyr — Prince Taldaram consumes the life force of a player, stunning them and inflicting Shadow damage every 2 sec. for 20 sec on until Prince Taldaram sustains 20,000 (40,000) damage.
Flame Sphere - Now shoots three spheres in an arc covering about a third of the platform. Increased damage.
Vampiric Drain - Similar effect, but now also reduces healing on the affected (stunned) player by 100%. Immunity effects such as are also ineffective. works though. 'Shield' effects such as a Priest's do work.
Strategy - Have the tank tank him at either extreme side (far or near) of his platform. This way, when he casts Flame Sphere, the entire group can stay together, and run towards the opposite extreme side of his platform. This allows you to only have to dodge two balls, as opposed to three. DPS the boss as quickly as possible when he starts Draining a player. If you bring him from side to side of his platform, then the Flame Spheres are quite easy to overcome, even in heroic.
Alternative Strategy - As the orbs of fire he spawns move away from him in a triangle it is best to tank him with his back to the rest of the party. Exposing the rest of the party as little as possible to the 2 orbs that are spawned. The best location to do this is on the lower platform moving him from right side to left and back, while the healer stays in the middle.
- I will feast on your remains.
- Your heartbeat is music to my ears.
- I am nowhere. I am everywhere. I am the watcher, unseen.
- So appetizing.
- Fresh, warm blood. It has been too long.
- Killing a player
- Bin dorei am'ovel.
- I will drink no blood before it's time.
- One final embrace.
- Still I hunger, still I thirst.