|Location||Jaguero Isle, The Cape of Stranglethorn|
- "I'll need my tiara, my scepter, my slippers, and my diary before I'm ready to leave.
- What? Stop looking at me like I'm some sort of insane person. You don't know what it's like being a princess."
Princess Poobah is a level 42 quest giver located on Jaguero Isle in the contested territory of the The Cape of Stranglethorn. She is being held prisoner by Skymane . Poobah has a very good throwing arm as she is able to toss many written notes in bottles out to sea.
QuestsThe subject of this section has been removed from World of Warcraft.
- Thank you again for your aid. May the wind always be at your back during your travels.
- Quest items
- The name Poobah is a reference to the character of the Grand Poobah, the Lord High Everything, from the operetta "The Mikado", and has come to be used as a mocking title for someone self-important or high-ranking and who exhibits an inflated self-regard.
- Since her captor is an analogy to Donkey Kong, it is likely that she is titled "princess" because one saves a princess from Donkey Kong in the original arcade game.
- However if so, this is a mistake. While Mario (then known as Jumpman) is most famous for rescuing Princess Peach when she is captured, in Donkey Kong he was merely rescuing his non-royal girlfriend Pauline.
- Patch 1.3.0 (2005-03-07): Princess Poobah now waits for 60 seconds before despawning after the completion of the Message in a Bottle quest.