|Location||Viewing Room, Scholomance|
Spells and Abilities
Slate has the following abilities:
- Toxic Potion 40 yd range — Deals 120 Nature damage to all enemies within the acid. Lasts 10 sec. 2 sec cast. Puts a pool of acid on the ground that ticks for 120 Nature damage. (2 sec cooldown)
- Fire Breath Potion — Deals 8434 to 8446 Fire damage to enemies in front of the caster. 2 sec cast. Hits for ~77 Fire (2 sec cooldown)
- Rend Melee range — Inflicts Physical damage to an enemy every 3 sec. for 15 sec. Instant
- Potion of Brutish Force — Quaffs a potion, increasing size and Physical damage done by 50% for 2 min. 2 sec cast. Cast at 30% health.
This is a very straightforward fight. The only ability non-tanks need to be aware of is the Toxic Potion he throws on the ground every ~15 seconds or so that lasts for 10 seconds. Simply move out of it and keep damaging the boss. At roughly 30%, he will quaff a potion, increasing his size and damage dealt, but that damage increase is only used against the tank. He will keep throwing toxic potions while buffed, but otherwise the fight is as it was.
Once he has been defeated, interact with the on his table to gain an hour-long buff: "Your attacks and spells have a chance to cause additional Nature damage to the Darkmaster's minions. WARNING: Results unpredictable in event of imbiber's death."
- With his title, he is likely a reference to Professor Snape from the Harry Potter series.
- Currently Slate will only drop the vial once per type of dungeon (heroic and normal), if you accidentally delete the vial you must enter the other version to get another.
- Patch 5.0.4 (2012-08-28): Added.