- A druid's mimicry of a rogue's stealth is the sincerest form of battery.
Tips and tactics
- When coupled with abilities such as , Prowl is a powerful opener to combat.
- Night elves can switch from Prowl to without being seen "in between". Since patch 4.0.6 they can also switch from to Prowl directly as can be used in Bear Form and Cat Form without shapeshifting into caster form.
- It is possible to while Prowling, for a total of 105% standard running speed.
- Prowl makes stealth runs possible, but watch out for stealth-detecting mobs!
Patches and hotfixes
- Hotfix (2016-10-25): "Prowl should once again have the correct stealth effectiveness."
- Patch 7.1.0 (2016-10-25): Now learned at level 16 (was 5).
- Patch 7.0.3 (2016-07-19): No longer reduces movement speed by 30%.
- Hotfix (2016-07-22): "Prowl and Dash can now be activated while the Druid is in Cat Form or Bear Form."
- Hotfix (2015-06-26): "Prowl can now be used while the Druid is sitting."
- Patch 5.0.4 (2012-08-28): Will now also activate Cat Form if not used in it.
- Patch 4.1.0 (2011-04-26): Now has a new icon.
- Patch 3.3.0 (2009-12-08): This ability no longer has multiple ranks and penalizes movement speed by 30%.
- Patch 2.1.0 (2007-05-22): Will now be broken correctly by damage shields such as .
- Patch 0.8 (2004-07-07): Sneak renamed to Prowl.