- Psychic Horror shares diminishing returns with other stun effects. It is important to ensure the target has not recently been affected by other stuns in order for Psychic Horror to last its full duration.
- Psychic Horror is considered a Magic effect and can be dispelled.
Patches and hotfixes
- Patch 8.0.1 (2018-07-17): Reintroduced as a Shadow talent. Psychic Horror now stuns its target (formerly a horrify effect).
- Patch 7.0.3 (2016-07-19): Removed.
- Patch 6.0.2 (2014-10-14): Psychic Horror no longer disarms the target, and may only consume up to 3 Shadow Orbs. Additionally, it now shares diminishing returns with all other Mesmerize effects.
- Patch 5.1.0 (2012-11-27): Disarm effect duration reduced to 8 seconds, down from 10 seconds.
- Patch 5.0.4 (2012-08-28): Redesigned to consume . Now a baseline ability available at level 74. Horrify duration reduced to 1 sec plus 1 sec per orb consumed (down from 3 seconds flat). Cooldown reduced to 45 sec, down from 2 minutes. Mana cost removed.
- Patch 4.2.0 (2011-06-28): Psychic Horror no longer has a forward facing requirement, making it consistent with other non-projectile-based crowd control spells.
- Patch 3.2.0 (2009-08-04): This spell no longer has an invisible missile, so there is no travel time before the spell takes effect.
- Hotfix (2009-04-21): "Psychic Horror will now properly disarm targets at all ranges."
- Hotfix (2009-04-16): "The disarm effect from Psychic Horror should no longer be able to be dodged."
- Patch 3.1.0 (2009-04-14): Has been redesigned and is now a 1-pt talent. You terrify the target, causing them to tremble in horror for 3 sec, and drop all weapons (disarm effect: including bows) for 10 sec. 1 minute cooldown. Instant cast. The horror effect can be dispelled, but the disarm cannot.
- Patch 3.0.2 (2008-10-14): Added.