- The first, best solution to anything. 
Pummel is an instant single target warrior interrupt ability. It deals no damage, but if used while the target is casting a spell, will cause the spell to fail, and prevent casting of any spell in the same school for 4 seconds. It has a 15 second cooldown and is not affected by the global cooldown.
- Pummel is a critical ability for warriors in PvP. See Interrupt for information and tactics on using interrupt effects such as Pummel.
- With a 4-second lockout and a 15-second cooldown, it is possible to keep a caster locked out of at least one of their magic schools 25% of the time.
- Since the release of Patch 4.1.0 and the removal of , Pummel is the warrior's main interrupt ability.
- Patch 5.4.7 (2014-02-18): and Pummel now both share a 15-second cooldown when either ability is used. Disrupting Shout's 40-second cooldown remains unchanged but the ability will be unavailable for 15 seconds after using Pummel.
- Patch 5.0.4 (2012-08-28): No longer cost Rage. Cooldown increased from 10 to 15 sec.
- Patch 4.1.0 (2011-04-26): Is now usable in all stances and, like all interrupts now, no longer has a chance to miss.
- Patch 3.0.2 (2008-10-14): Pummel now only has one rank, no longer causes damage, and is no longer affected by Global Cooldown.
- Patch 1.2.0 (2004-12-18): Re-added.
- Patch 1.1.0 (2004-11-07): Removed.
- Patch 0.10 (2004-09-18): Interrupt duration reduced.