Queen Azshara (tactics)
|Race||Night elf (Humanoid)|
|Location||Well of Eternity|
Queen Azshara is the second boss to appear in the Well of Eternity instance.
The songs of Queen Azshara's beauty, majesty, and power are too numerous to count, but it was her vanity that drove the Highborne to summon the Burning Legion. She now watches her most trusted magi empower the portal where Sargeras will be brought into Azeroth, content to let multitudes of her servants die in advance of the Dark Titan's arrival.
- Shroud of Luminosity — Azshara is Immune to all forms of damage at the start of the fight and progresses until the end.
You are mine now!
- — Periodically, Queen Azshara will charm a random target, causing them to become a puppet.
- Puppet String — Players will be released from her control when the puppet strings are defeated.
- Total Obedience — Eventually, Queen Azshara is overcome with boredom. She will attempt to turn the entire party into puppets. This ability must be interrupted.
Queen Azshara commands two of her six Enchanted Magi to attack the players. When the players defeat an Enchanted Magus or enough time elapses, another two Magi enter combat. Each Enchanted Magi possess one of three schools of magic. When the players defeat all of the Enchanted Magi, Queen Azshara retreats from combat and the players complete the encounter.
- Frost Magus
- Fire Magus
- Arcane Magus
Azshara herself is shielded from all damage, so DPS against her is pointless.
The absolute priority in this fight is to interrupt Dance, puppets! before Azshara finishes casting. If she completes the cast it wipes the party. Fortunately, she does not cast this often. The easiest thing to do is for a player with a ranged interrupt to /focus Azshara and watch for the casting bar. If no ranged interrupts are available, the tank should collect mobs near Azshara so a melee interrupter can quickly switch and interrupt the cast.
A less urgent (but still important) concern is You are mine now! which mind-controls a party member. All DPS should switch to the hand-shaped mob above the victim's head and kill it. This frees the victim.
The rest of the time the the party should be blasting the Enchanted Magi that activate throughout the fight. Two activate at the start, and as each one is killed, a new one activates and must be picked up by the tank. Some of the magi abilities are interruptible, but make sure you have a cooldown available to interrupt Dance puppets!
Once all Magi are dead, Azshara leaves and the players may collect loot from a chest.
- Ah, welcome. You are here to join us in the coming celebration? No? A pity.
- First Magus
- Queen Azshara yells: I have no time for such diversions. Keepers of Eternity, will you stand for your queen?
- Enchanted Magus yells: I pray that the Light of a Thousand Moons will grant me this honor.
- Second Magus
- Queen Azshara yells: Still these strangers would oppose your queen's will. Who will stop them?
- Enchanted Magus yells: Yes, Light of Lights! My life is yours!
- Third Magus
- Queen Azshara yells: I beseech of you, my beloved subjects: Put an end to these miscreants.
- Enchanted Magus yells: The Flower of Life calls upon me. I WILL NOT fail you, my Queen.
- Turning a player into a puppet
- If you intend to play the fool, you may as well look the part.
- Dance for the Eternal Court.
- Casting Dance, puppets
- Serve Azshara, puppets, and rejoice.
- Bold of you, to strike a queen. A lesser monarch might be enraged.
- Do not ask for mercy after such an act.
- Such insolence! My temper grows short.
- Killing a player
- Unfortunate, but deserved.
- I am unimpressed.
- Your conduct was inexcusable.
- To prepare for a world of perfection, the imperfect must be swept away.
- Queen Azshara yells: Enough! As much as I adore playing hostess, I have more pressing matters to attend to.
- Queen Azshara yells: Riders, to me!
- Shadowbat yells: At your side, my queen!
- Queen Azshara says: My noble , do return and dispose of this murderous band.
Patches and hotfixes
- Patch 4.3.0 (2011-11-29): Added.