Hello there! We are conducting a survey to better understand the user experience in making a first edit. If you have ever made an edit on Gamepedia, please fill out the survey. Thank you!
Quel'Delar's Rest is located in Icecrown and is north of Silent Vigil. It is ringed by small lantern stands, and a sword, Quel'Delar is stuck in the ice where there seems to be a dragon's skull underneath. It can be used as a landmark to help find the Argent Tournament Grounds since the road is directly north of the site. During 3.3.0 the San'layn matriach Blood-Queen Lana'thel appears at the site and begins a long conversation of the swords history and defiles it so its magical powers may never be used against her or the Scourge.
- Caladis Brightspear says: I knew this was a dragonforged blade when I first laid eyes on it.
- Caladis Brightspear says: But can it be? Is this really --
- or Horde
- Myralion Sunblaze says: The style of this blade and its markings hinted that it might be a dragonforged sword. At last, we will have our answer.
- Myralion Sunblaze says: After all these years, can it really be --
- Lana'thel appears out of nowhere walking up to Quel'Delar from the southwest. The four sentinels and war mages rush to the sword.
- Silver Covenant Sentinel says: You are not welcome here, minion of the Lich King!
- Lana'thel says: Quel'Delar.
- Lana'thel freezes the war mages and sentinels surrounding the sword.
- Lana'thel says: Quiet, fools. If I had wished to kill you, you'd already be dead.
- While Lana'thel speaks, images of what she talks about appear just north of the blade.
- Lana'thel says: As kaldorei, its twin, Quel'Delar was given to my people. was forged by the dragons and given to the
- Lana'thel says: The king bestowed the blade upon my friend, Thalorien Dawnseeker.
- Lana'thel says: Lana'thel says: But even Thalorien's skill and Quel'Delar's magic could not save Silvermoon from the might of the Scourge.
- Lana'thel says: Thalorien fell before the gates of the Sunwell, buying time for others to escape.
- Lana'thel walks north and kneels down to inspect the image of Thalorien.
- Lana'thel says: After the battle, I recovered the sword from the field. I bore it to Northrend in the service of my prince, seeking to avenge our people's defeat.
- Lana'thel says: Arthas shattered our forces and took the most powerful of us into his service as the San'layn.
- Lana'thel says: My memories of Thalorien went cold and so did his blade.
- Lana'thel says: It was I who brought Quel'Delar here, to return it to its makers. In breaking the weapon, so did I break its power.
- Lana'thel says: Quel'Delar will never serve another!
- The freeze fades and Lana'thel appears to cast some spell on Quel'Delar, disappearing once again.
- Then, Alliance
- Caladis Brightspear says: I vow that the Silver Covenant will see Quel'Delar restored.
- or Horde
- Myralion Sunblaze says: It falls to us to see Quel'Delar restored for the Sunreavers.
- Patch 3.3.0 (2009-12-08): Caladis Brightspear, Myralion Sunblaze, Drugan Deepdraught have been added to the area and Blood-Queen Lana'thel makes an appearance.
- Patch 3.1.0 (2009-04-14): Area added.