Hello there! We are conducting a survey to better understand the user experience in making a first edit. If you have ever made an edit on Gamepedia, please fill out the survey. Thank you!
|The subject of this article was removed from World of Warcraft in patch 3.2.2.
Quel'Serrar ('high blade' in Thalassian) is an ancient blade, forged by dragons long ago and gifted to the kaldorei. Its twin, Quel'Delar, was similarly gifted to the quel'dorei. For thousands of years, Quel'Serrar has been kept in the care of the Shen'dralar Ancients, waiting for one capable of restoring the blade. Although dated, it is rather rare to see an "original" Quel'serrar, and is considered a testament to Classic Raiding.
Quel'Serrar itself was not a drop like many other items, but a quest reward from . The quest, though, started by using an item that drops from Dire Maul bosses, . The droprate was so extremely low that it was considered impossible to farm for it. Since the book was not bind on pickup it could also be found in the Auction House.
When a player got the , they started the quest by handing in the book to Lorekeeper Lydros in the library of Dire Maul. He gave the player an item, . The quest required the player to take this blade to Onyxia's Lair, and place it on the ground where it needs to be hit by one of Onyxia's AoE fire breath. Once hit the blade would turn into a , which the player could then pick up, and use it to stab Onyxia's dead body once they had slain her. This would transform the sword again, giving them a .
They would then proceed to the Dire Maul library once more, and hand in the quest. The reward is Quel'Serrar.
Conversation with Lorekeeper Lydros
- <Lydros reaches into his robe and presents you with a dull, flat elven blade.>
- In ages past well before even the War of the Ancients, there existed this blade.
Fascinating, Lorekeeper. Continue please.
- The blade itself had to be crafted in ceremony with the children of the Aspects. A rare occurence indeed...
- For not only would a dragon have to willingly heat and mold the enchanted metal with their breath, they would also need to contain the fury of their own enchantment by using their blood as temper.
- Over the course of 8,000 years, only a handful of these blades were created - each blade unique in both power and appearance. The blades of Quel'Serrar would take on the characteristics of their creator.
- Rumors exist of a single, legendary blade of Quel'Serrar crafted for an unknown entity by the combined might of the five Aspects. Before the abominations of Nefarian and Deathwing were thrust into our world, such meetings of the Aspect were represented by the term 'Prismatic.' I could only assume that the Prismatic Blade of Quel'Serrar was a most glorious creation.
- What I offer to you now is one such blade, unfired, unheated, untreated - the most raw and basic form.
- Now you merely need to find a dragon that will willing enchant the blade.
- If you had an eternity to live, this might be a possibility; but since you are mortal and could very likely cease to exist at any moment, might I recommend trying to persuade one of the lesser dragons to do your bidding.
- Have you heard of the brood mother of the Black Flight? I believe she is called Onyxia...
Maybe... What do I do now?
- Only warriors and paladins are eligible to begin the quest for Quel'Serrar.
- Quel'Serrar is often abbreviated as "QS".
- Quel'Serrar is very often compared with .
- is a possible alternative to a good tanking weapon.
When the quest is failed
Many things can happen that could fail the quest. Onyxia can miss the with her fire breath, you can mistakenly use the somewhere randomly, someone can skin her before you stab her with the etc. Simply abandon the quest you got from Lorekeeper Lydros, destroy the if you still have it and return to the Dire Maul library to get another and the same quest once again. In other words, you will not have to get another .
- In Heroes of the Storm, Sonya, a character from Diablo, wields Quel'Serrar and as part of her Wrath Sonya skin.
Wrath Sonya wielding the blade in Heroes of the Storm.