Quest:A Legend in the Making
|The subject of this article was removed from World of Warcraft in patch 6.0.2.
90 (Requires 90)
+25 The Black Prince
A Legend in the Making begins the first stage of 's legendary quest chain, rewarding an extremely rare Sha-Touched gem that fits in a sha-touched socket, which can be found in nine epic weapons.
To get to that point, champions must acquire ten each of and , found on the corpses of defeated raid bosses in Mogu'shan Vaults, the Heart of Fear, and the Terrace of Endless Spring, reach honored reputation by killing level-90 mantid and mogu in Townlong Steppes and the Dread Wastes, and acquire the from the in the terrace.
For now, have a drink with Wrathion.
- Drink Shared with Wrathion
Our world finds itself at a crossroads. The next few months will shape everything to come - presuming we are to have a future at all.
Ah! But I am getting ahead of myself. Let me back up. Come, share a drink with me. Let's talk about the future of Azeroth.
Is everything clear?
Of course, I must ask your discretion regarding what we just talked about.
We wouldn't want to alarm anyone who is, shall we say, less capable than yourself.
- 59000 XP
- +25 reputation with The Black Prince
Speak with him again:
- Do you have a few moments to spare?
- I have chosen the name "Wrathion." I am the last of the black dragons.
- My father was , the Worldbreaker, the Aspect of Death, the Destroyer... But I hope you will not hold that against me.
- I have no love for my father, whose corruption destroyed my race, or for the Red Dragonflight, who stole away and experimented my egg to create me.
- Let's just say, I am... unaffiliated. And I am always on the lookout for like-minded heroes.
- Wrathion says: Very good. Let's talk.
- Wrathion says: Tong! Drinks, please.
- Wrathion stands and walks across the room to the opposite side of the carpet as Tong gets started making drinks.
- Wrathion says: My father, Deathwing, tried to destroy the whole of Azeroth.
- Wrathion says: He was misguided, of course, but he was right about one thing: Our world is... so fragile.
- Wrathion pulls out a dagger and slices his palm, casting some magic to show a representation of Azeroth, which rises from the floor to hover a few yards up.
- Wrathion says: We are a point of light in a universe of shadow. A candle in a tempest.
- Wrathion says: Sometimes I think it was the very precariousness of our world that drove my father to madness.
- Tong walks over with drinks on a platter.
- Wrathion says: Ah, thank you Tong.
- Tong walks over to the other side of the carpet and holds out the platter with "Your Drink" sitting on it.
- Wrathion says: Now, to my point: I believe we are headed towards a reckoning. And no, I am not talking about the current conflict between the Alliance and the Horde.
- Wrathion says: Believe me - what achieved in Theramore is nothing compared to the horrors that are even now bearing down on our fragile home.
- Green fireballs, reminiscent of infernals, streak toward the planet. The surface turns molten.
- Wrathion says: But the war deeply troubles me. Do you see my concern?
- The planet explodes.
- Wrathion says: A divided Azeroth cannot possibly stand against the darkness.
- Wrathion says: This war has to end. Soon. Before it consumes our strength!
- Wrathion starts walking across the carpet toward his seat.
- Wrathion says: I want you to know that your Alliance has my full and unwavering support in this campaign. / You can rest assured that my loyalties lie with your Horde.
- The faction banner appears behind Wrathion.
- Wrathion says: How do we bring a swift and decisive end to the conflict? I believe the answer lies with heroes like you.
- The banner fades as Wrathion takes his seat.
- Wrathion says: We must ensure that you are up to the task... and then equip you accordingly.
Patch 5.0 - Mists of Pandaria
Patch 5.1 - Landfall
Patch 5.2 - The Thunder King
Patch 5.3 - Escalation
Patch 5.4 - Siege of Orgrimmar