Quest:A Righteous Sermon
+250 Valiance Expedition
- Righteous Sermon Heard
Godfrey Goodard, once a righteous man and mayor of Wintergarde, is now an agent of the Scourge. His transformation from man to undying ghoul has taken place slowly, over time. He hears the call of the now and lives only to serve his master.
But as with all Scourge, Godfrey knows the language of death and with proper motivation, will tell us what we need to know about the tome.
Once you hear what you need to hear, return to the High Commander at the front lines. I'll clean up here as needed.
What news do you bring from Hallard and Godfrey?
We should have known about the damned mausoleum. This is preposterous. and will be dispatched to the front lines in preparation for our next assault.
- On accept
- Inquisitor Hallard says: Stand back, <name>, the beast might lash out and harm you.
- Inquisitor Hallard says: GODFREY! Hear me, fiend! Hear me, for I am the Light, here to deliver you from evil!
- Mayor Godfrey growls.
- Inquisitor Hallard says: Good, I have your attention, then, Godfrey?
- Inquisitor Hallard says: We can do this in one of two ways, Godfrey. First, I will simply ask you to tell me what the unholy markings etched upon the pages of this tome mean. What say you?
- Mayor Godfrey hisses!
- Mayor Godfrey says: Tell you nothing, preacher.
- Mayor Godfrey says: What can you do to me that has not? That the will not?
- Mayor Godfrey says: The book is your salvation, yes... but nothing will you know. NOTHING I SAY! NOTHING!
- Inquisitor Hallard says: Then it is option two.
- Inquisitor Hallard says: I say a prayer for you now, lost soul. May the Light take you gracefully.
- Inquisitor Hallard says: Let the sermon begin.
- Inquisitor Hallard says: LET THE LIGHT IN, GODFREY GODDARD!
- Inquisitor Hallard says: May the power of Light compel you!
- Inquisitor Hallard says: The power of the Lich King pales in comparison to the glory of the Light!
- Inquisitor Hallard says: Do not fight me, fiend! The time of your atonement is now!
- Inquisitor Hallard says: LIGHT TAKE YOU, BEAST!
- Mayor Godfrey says: IT BURNSSSSS!
- Mayor Godfrey says: The pain is unbearable!
- Mayor Godfrey says: Never felt hurt like this!
- Mayor Godfrey says: I tell you anything you want!
- Inquisitor Hallard says: I thought you would see the Light, Godfrey... Now speak quickly, fiend. What does it say?
- Mayor Godfrey says: It tells of the coming apocalypse. How this world will burn and be reborn from death.
- Inquisitor Hallard says: RUBBISH! Godfrey do you take me for a fool? Do not spew your Scourge propaganda at a man of the Light, heathen! Speak now or I will have the peasants craft a holy water bath and dip you into it like a dog with fleas!
- Mayor Godfrey says: NOOOO!!! I tell you! I tell you everything!
- Mayor Godfrey says: Humans... Beneath the earth of Wintergarde Village you built a mausoleum! Why do you think Naxxramas attacked that spot? hides deep in your own crypt and sends a thousand-thousand corpses at you! Perish you will...
- Inquisitor Hallard says: What? There is a mausoleum beneath the old village? What fools we are to not have noticed. We will find and strike down your master now, Godfrey. We will end this nightmare.
- Mayor Godfrey says: How? Humans truly are stupid, yes? Thel'zan the Duskbringer! Thel'zan the Lich! He who is born of human flesh and bone, sacrificed all power, protected by the Lich King!
- Mayor Godfrey says: You cannot stop Thel'zan! He bears the dark gift, bestowed upon him by the Lich King himself!
- Inquisitor Hallard says: You let us worry about how we kill the bastard, Godfrey.
- Hallard turns to you.
- Inquisitor Hallard says: Return to Halford with the information the good mayor was kind enough to submit, <name>. I will finish here and squeeze whatever else this wretch might know about Thel'zan. Now, I will show Godfrey the rarely shown "option three."
- Hallard turns back to Godfrey.
- Inquisitor Hallard says: Let's you and I have a chat about some things, Godfrey.
- (optional, starts in Borean Tundra, leads to Stars' Rest)
- (Stars' Rest or Howling Fjord)
- (Stars' Rest or Howling Fjord)