Quest:Death Comes From On High
55 (Requires 55)
The Lich King commands you to use the to analyze the Scarlet Hold, New Avalon Forge, New Avalon Town Hall and the Chapel of the Crimson Flame.
Control the Eye of Acherus by using the Eye of Acherus Control Mechanism.
- New Avalon Forge Analyzed
- New Avalon Town Hall Analyzed
- Scarlet Hold Analyzed
- Chapel of the Crimson Flame Analyzed
Towering above this platform is the eye of Acherus. From it you will call forth a probe that you will then use to analyze Scarlet Crusade fortifications at New Avalon. The eye has a host of powers that should make the acquisition of this data simple.
Use the eye's siphon to analyze the forge, town hall, hold, and chapel. The eye's control mechanisms are located on either side of this platform. Waste no more time, <name>.
The Scourge will have this place. The Lich King commands it!
Our assault upon the Scarlet Crusade will become legend.
They prepare for battle - as expected - but there is something else. I sense an old enemy. An enemy that I destroyed long ago...
It matters not. We will send the full might of the Scourge against them before they have a chance to evacuate their homes and put in place their defenses.
Upon being noticed
Upon noticing the Eye of Acherus, Scarlet Crusaders will say one of the following lines:
- "Scourge! Do not let it escape!"
- "Death stalks us! Destroy it!"
- "Begone foul demon!"
- "'Tis the work of the Scourge!"
Upon noticing the Eye of Acherus or the ghouls summoned by it, Citizen of Heavenshire will say one of the following lines:
- "SCOURGE! RUN AWAY! RUN AWAY!"
- "HELP! HELP!"
- "Light help us!"
- "IT'S GHOULS!!!! GHOULS!!!!"
High General Abbendis Speech
There is a crowd of citizens just outside of the Scarlet Hold in New Avalon, listening to a speech from High General Abbendis and High Abbot Landgren. There are four distinct speeches.
- "Citizen of Havenshire says: What does the Light say to you now, Abbendis?"
- "Citizen of Havenshire says: I didn't see the Light step in to save my wife and children!"
- "Citizen of Havenshire says: Nor my husband and brothers!"
- "Citizen of Havenshire says: The Light has abandoned us!"
- "High General Abbendis says: SILENCE! The Light has not abbandoned us! The Light is stronger than ever among the pure!"
- "Citizen of Havenshire says: Where do you expect us to stay? New Avalon cannot hold all of us!"
- "High General Abbendis says: The pure of heart will be allowed to remain in New Avalon. Those that the inquisitors find bereft of the holy Light will be turned away."
The crowd gasps.
- "High Abbot Landgren says: But none of you could possibly have anything to worry about, right?"
- "Citizen of Havenshire says: What are we to do? We've lost everything!"
- "High General Abbendis says: We fight! We push them back, just as we have always done!"
- "Citizen of Havenshire says: Havenshire is lost!"
- "Citizen of Havenshire says: The stables and mill are left abandoned! What will happen to our horses?"
- "High General Abbendis says: We are sending crusaders to reclaim what is rightfully ours! Any scourge that stand in our way will be turned to ashes."
- Use the Eye of Acherus controls near the Lich King. After a few seconds it will automatically fly towards New Avalon.
- Once there, press 3 to Shroud the Eye of Acherus from sight. Fly around at high altitude keeping distance from all hostile mobs.
- You may want to press 2 and click on ground near hostiles to distract them with ghouls while you use Siphon of Acherus (press 1) to analyze.
- The target buildings all have Hunter's Marks pointing to them. Get in range of the Hunter's Mark, then press 1 to use the Siphon of Acherus to collect data.
- If you are willing to spend the time, there is a small scripted scene in front of the Scarlet Hold.