Quest:How To Win Friends And Influence Enemies
55 (Requires 55)
at the Crypt of Remembrance has ordered you to discover the truth about the "Crimson Dawn."
Remove from the and use them to "persuade" the Scarlet Crusade into talking.
- "Crimson Dawn" Revealed
In my travels across this world I have made several interesting discoveries. For instance, did you know that with the proper amount of encouragement one can extract all the truths that a man dares hide? As luck would have it, I happen to have some encouragement on hand.
<Keleseth pulls something out of an ornately jeweled box.>
Use the persuaders on Scarlet Crusaders. One of them will eventually... crack.
An awakening? What nonsense do you speak, <boy/girl>! What kind of fool would deliver their people into the very heart of the frozen wastes? Perhaps, though, this courier holds the answer.
In order to progress the quest, make sure to stop attacking when the mob breaks and wants to talk! Also, avoid using your abilities. Otherwise, you'll bring them down too fast before they can talk, simply auto-attacking will eventually work.
When you first start attacking, you and the mob will go back and forth with any of the following:
- You say: I'll tear the secrets from your soul! Tell me about the "Crimson Dawn" and your life may be spared!
- You say: Tell me what you know about "Crimson Dawn" or the beatings will continue!
- You say: I'm through being courteous with your kind, human! What is the "Crimson Dawn?"
- You say: Is your life worth so little? Just tell me what I need to know about "Crimson Dawn" and I'll end your suffering quickly.
- You say: I can keep this up for a very long time, Scarlet dog! Tell me about the "Crimson Dawn!"
- You say: What is the "Crimson Dawn?"
- You say: "Crimson Dawn!" What is it! Speak!
- Mob says: You'll be hanging in the gallows shortly, Scourge fiend!
- Mob says: You'll have to kill me, monster! I will tell you NOTHING!
- Mob says: You hit like a girl. Honestly. Is that the best you can do?
- Mob says: ARGH! You burned my last good tabard!
- Mob says: Argh... The pain... The pain is almost as unbearable as the lashings I received in grammar school when I was but a child.
- Mob says: I used to work for ! Your idea of pain is a normal mid-afternoon for me!
If the mob breaks before you kill it:
- Mob says: I'll tell you everything! STOP! PLEASE!
- Mob says: We... We have only been told that the "Crimson Dawn" is an awakening. You see, the Light speaks to the High General. It is the Light...
- Mob says: The Light that guides us. The movement was set in motion before you came... We... We do as we are told. It is what must be done.
- Mob says: I know very little else... The High General chooses who may go and who must stay behind. There's nothing else... You must believe me!
- You say: LIES! The pain you are about to endure will be talked about for years to come!
- Mob says: NO! PLEASE! There is one more thing that I forgot to mention... A courier comes soon... From Hearthglen. It...
- Scarlet Preacher dies from the torture.
The title of this quest is a pun of "How to Win Friends and Influence People", written by Dale Carnegie.