Kael'thas and the Verdant Sphere
70 (Requires 68)
Kael'thas and the Verdant Sphere is a quest which begins from the item dropped by Kael'thas Sunstrider.
The air around you hums - a gentle hum. The naaru are aware of your victory. Perhaps they are the reason you were compelled to pick up this sphere from the still-twitching remains of Kael'thas Sunstrider. What secrets could it hold?
Perhaps A'dal in Shattrath City could make sense of the item.
You heard my call? Yes...
<A'dal's thoughts intermingle with your own.>
The sphere... Strange. Did you know that he lived? Yes. It is here - in the sphere itself. Maimed for certain. He calls to a higher power now. No, not Illidan.
Kil'jaeden the Deceiver comes...
<A'dal points your mind elsewhere.>
Rest. Your brothers and sisters will retake Tempest Keep now.
<A'dal hums a song of battle.>
Upon completing the quest, the following appears to everyone in Shattrath City.
- Silence descends upon Shattrath.
- A'dal's thoughts invade your mind.
- Kael'thas Sunstrider has been defeated by <name> and <his/her> allies.
- The time to strike at the remaining blood elves of Tempest Keep is now. Take arms and let A'dal's song of battle empower you!
- A fiery symbol of the Sunfury, a rising phoenix, appears in front of A'dal, and then an image of Kael'thas Sunstrider appears in front of the symbol, facing the naaru.
- Kael'thas Sunstrider yells: Your monkeys failed to finish the job, naaru. Beaten but alive... The same mistake was not made when we took command of your vessel.
- Kael'thas Sunstrider yells: All for what? Trinkets? You are too late. The preparations have already begun. Soon the master will make his return.
- Kael'thas Sunstrider yells: And there is nothing you or that fool, Illidan, can do to stop me! You have both served me in your own right - unwittingly.
- Kael'thas laughs.
- Kael'thas Sunstrider yells: Lay down your arms and succumb to the might of Kil'jaeden!
- Patch 2.1.0 (2007-05-22): Added.