Quest:Krolmir, Hammer of Storms
80 (Requires 77)
+455 The Sons of Hodir
Krolmir, Hammer of Storms is part of the Sons of Hodir quest chain.
One task remains before I can reclaim my home at the Terrace of the Makers.
Krolmir must be found.
On that fateful day, I threw it to the earth with all the power and rage I possessed. A mighty explosion followed.
I've thought it lost for these many years, but now I must be certain.
Return to King Jokkum and discover what, if anything, he knows of my hammer's fate.
Words cannot express my gratitude, <class>.
You have served me honorably. Please accept this token of my gratitude.
At neutral, the following dialog takes place: If it please you, King Jokkum, may I know what has become of Krolmir?
- I do not trust you enough to speak of such things.
- You must respect the trials our people have endured, the burdens we have borne...
- Perhaps, if you were to bring great honor to Dun Niffelem, I would be inclined to share with you the knowledge of our people.
This response is no longer possible; the reputation awarded for completing previous quests have been increased to ensure that the character is at least Honored by the time they reach this point in the chain.
At friendly, the following dialog can take place: If it please you, King Jokkum, may I know what has become of Krolmir?
- Very well, little <class>.
- While there is much left for you to do to mend our relations with Thorim, I am compelled to share with you this one secret.
- Speak to me again when you are ready to be shown that which you seek.
- King Jokkum says: Hold on, little <race>.
- Players hitch a ride with Jokkum as he jogs up to Thunderfall. He stops in the center of the crater and auto-dismounts the player (you will receive a small bit of fall damage). He then calls down Thorim.
- King Jokkum yells: Thorim! Come, show yourself!
- Thorim flys to the crater on Veranus and leaps off, kneeling before Jokkum.
- Thorim says: King Jokkum, you have summoned me?
- King Jokkum says: The deeds of your <race> servant defy <his/her> stature, Stormlord. <His/Her> efforts have succeeded in softening the hearts of my people.
- Thorim says: Jokkum, son of Arngrim, I have always regretted my actions here. In my grief, I brought great harm to those closest to me.
- Thorim says: I would ask your forgiveness for the suffering I have caused you and your people.
- King Jokkum says: Never have such humble words come from mighty Thorim. I shall deliver your words to Dun Niffelem.
- Thorim stands up.
- King Jokkum says: The events of that dark day are hereby forgiven by my people. They shall never again be spoken of.
- King Jokkum says: To signify our reforged friendship, I have something which belongs to you...
- Jokkum summons Krolmir, encased in a block of ice.
- King Jokkum says: As the great explosion filled the region, my father cast a rune at the great hammer that it might not be had by our enemies. It was his final act...
- Thorim says: Krolmir... I thank you Jokkum. I hadn't dared hope it still existed. It shall soon see glorious battle once again!
- King Jokkum says: We welcome the opportunity to fight by your side, mighty Thorim.
- King Jokkum says: I must return to Dun Niffelem. We shall speak again soon, Stormlord.
Note that Thorim is right there, you can complete this quest at Thunderfall.
- (+28,600 The Sons of Hodir)
- Note: The chain continues from a dropped item: (dropped by Stormforged Iron Giants). You should complete this quest before returning to Thorim.
- (+28,600 The Sons of Hodir)
- (+325 The Sons of Hodir)
Mandatory side quest:
- (+455 The Sons of Hodir)
Mandatory side quests:
- (+650 The Sons of Hodir) &