Quest:The Fall of Shan Bu (Horde)
|The Fall of Shan Bu|
90 (Requires 90)
+300 Sunreaver Onslaught
The Fall of Shan Bu ends the fifth and final stage of the Isle of Thunder storyline, gaining access to the Foot of Lei Shen and the world boss . will only offer this quest from his position on the Dawnseeker Promontory once enough realm-wide progress has been made, irrespective of the individual player's standing with the Sunreaver Onslaught.
Much like with the previous progression quest, , this quest mostly takes place in a single-player scenario also called "The Fall of Shan Bu". As the scenario can only be completed once, it is documented here and not in a separate article.
- Speak to
- Capture the Foot of Lei Shen
The Thunder King's servant, Shan Bu, works to resurrect Lei Shen's dragon, Nalak.
We must defeat Shan Bu and, if we are able, prevent him from resurrecting the dragon.
Well done, <name>. Shan Bu's fall will weaken the Mogu and your heroism will surely be remembered.
- 236000 XP
- +300 reputation with Sunreaver Onslaught
On approach before accept:
- Lor'themar Theron says: Champion! Our campaign is reaching a climax: We are at the very threshold of the Thunder King's palace. It is time to knock down his front door.
- Lor'themar Theron says: Speak to me when you are ready to launch the assault!
Speak with him again:
Stage 1 - Bloodied Crossing
- Work with your allies to assault the Bloodied Crossing.
- Speak with your Assault Leader
- Enter the Courtyard
- Zandalari slain x14
- Scout Captain Elsia says: Good, you are here.
Step forward and speak with Elsia:
- Are you prepared, <name>?
- I am ready.
- Scout Captain Elsia says: Regent Lord! Everyone is in position, and the Shado-Pan are inside, but...
- Lor'themar Theron says: Yes?
- Scout Captain Elsia says: The Alliance is waiting for us just across the courtyard.
- Lor'themar Theron says: Ahhh, so the grand lady of the Kirin Tor wants a fight, does she?
- Lor'themar Theron yells: Rangers! Advance!
- Lor'themar Theron says: I will deal with Proudmoore.
- The party marches forward as Vereesa opens the gate. The Horde war party is already set up on the opposite side of the Bloodied Crossing. Suddenly, the gate to the Foot of Lei Shen opens!
- Shan Bu yells: Taran Zhu! It does not matter how many you array against the Thunder King. Soon all will kneel before him.
- Taran Zhu yells: YOU will kneel when you beg for my mercy, monster.
- A squad of Zandalari Stoneshields jump down from the wall as the gate closes!
- Lor'themar Theron yells: One problem at a time, people. Focus on the Zandalari!
- Lady Jaina Proudmoore yells: Ignore the Horde - focus on the Zandalari guarding the door!
Let the NPCs get initial aggro on the trolls, then do some damage to all of them, even the trolls attacking the Horde war party. Trolls will keep spawning until the champion has credit for killing 14.
Stage 2 - Destroy the Gatekeepers
- Defeat the Palace Gatekeeprs to unlock the gates
- Taran Zhu yells: Those statues wield the power of the first emperor. Destroy them!
- Boulder Throw 150 yd range — Throws a massive boulder. 0.921 sec cast. The missile will trigger...
- Boulder Impact 150 yd range — Throws a massive boulder, dealing 40,500 to 49,500 damage and knocking back any nearby enemies. Instant. Area of effect marked with a shadow on the ground.
- Thundering Slam 10 yd range — Deals 75,400 to 84,600 Physical damage to all enemies within 15 yards of the impact location. 2.3 sec cast
- Crushing Stomp — Crushes nearby enemies, inflicting Physical damage to all enemies in front of the caster. 2.49 sec cast. Hits for ~55K Physical. (8 sec. cooldown)
As before, let the NPCs tank them, but help finish them off.
Stage 3 - The Foot of Lei Shen
- Defeat Shan Bu's Mogu and Zandalari defenders
- Follow Taran Zhu into the courtyard
- Zandalari and Mogu slain x8
- Scout Captain Elsia yells: Regent Lord - more Zandalari approach from the mines!
- Lor'themar Theron yells: Damn their hides. Rangers! Hold this position!
- The Alliance war party backtracks to the Stormsea Landing gate as the Horde war party moves back to defend the Thunder Forges.
- Taran Zhu yells: Taoshi, get those doors open.
- Taran Zhu yells: Champion, with me. We must press forward while your comrades cover the rear.
Move forward and reach Taran Zhu's position:
- Taran Zhu yells: Shan Bu! Again you try to create a God. When will you learn?
- Shan Bu yells: Who needs a God? We have the Thunder King!
- Shan Bu yells: Trolls - make yourselves useful. I am almost finished here.
- Taran Zhu says: Zandalari reinforcements are coming.
- Taran Zhu says: Yalia - we need more healing! Taoshi - cover the rear!
- Taoshi pulls back as a handful of Zandalari Stoneshields, Shan'ze Electrocutioners and quilen guards draw in to attack.
Finish them off.
Final Stage - Defeat Shan Bu
- Assaist Taran Zhu and Yalia in bringing down Shan Bu.
- Shan Bu yells: Arise, Nalak! Protect our beloved emperor.
- Taran Zhu yells: Face me, Shan Bu! Or is the court of the Thunder King a den of cowards?
- Shan Bu yells: The emperor will be most pleased when I present him with your head, Shado-Pan.
- Nalak yells: I am born of thunder!
- Nalak files up and away as Shan Bu begins his attack.
Shan Bu is a boss-level mogu with 3,151,000 health and the following abilities:
- Draw Shadows — Inflicts 75,524 to 83,475 Shadow damage to nearby enemies. 2.76 sec cast. Uninterruptible.
- Shadow Crash 50 yd range — Fires a missle at a random target. When this missile lands, it deals 49,024 to 56,975 Shadow damage to all enemies within 20 yards of that location. 1.84 sec cast. Uninterruptible. (5 sec cooldown)
Shan Bu will also summon two Onyx Stormclaws with ~100K health to harry the champion. Additionally, will rain down an electrical storm:
- Electrical Storm — Deals 73,537 to 85,463 Nature damage to enemies in the area. Instant. Area is marked a few seconds beforehand with crackling lightning.
Try to stay near Yalia, who has a Divine Renewal aura that will heal for 13-16% of total health every few seconds. That aura will outheal incoming damage from the Shadow Crash and the Electrical Storm. Do take out the summoned Onyx Stormclaws - as they will build up as the fight progresses.
During the fight, Taran Zhu and Shan Bu have a few random yells:
- Shan Bu yells: Ours is to rule. Yours is to serve.
- Shan Bu yells: You are weak. You Shado-Pan scurry through shadows like roaches.
- Shan Bu yells: Your "Horde" is a disgusting pack of animals, hardly worth enslaving.
- Shan Bu yells: Your cries of pain delight his majesty!
- Taran Zhu yells: Dance around Shan Bu's attacks. We are faster! We are smarter!
- Taran Zhu yells: Keep moving! Avoid the Stone Lord's lightning!
- Taran Zhu yells: Stay close to Yalia's healing, champion!
- Taran Zhu yells: Stay near Yalia so that she may heal you!
At around 15% of total health remaining, Shan Bu stops what he is doing and grabs Taran Zhu in a chokehold:
- Shan Bu yells: I tire of your insolence! I will choke the life from you, impudent slave!
- Taran Zhu yells: Auugh - kill him. Quickly!
- Taran Zhu yells: Finish him!
Finish Shan Bu off:
- Shan Bu yells: I ... no... My Emperor! My Emperor, I have failed you!
- Taran Zhu says: You see? No power of this world can trample the pure of spirit.
- Taoshi yells: Lord Zhu! The Alliance - the Horde - all chaos is about to erupt out here!
- Taran Zhu says: Like children.
- Taran Zhu says: Taoshi! Hand me my weapon.
- Taoshi says: My Lord... you are gravely wounded!
- Taran Zhu yells: My weapon! Champion, with me. I want you to see this.
- Taran Zhu hobbles back to the Bloodied Crossing, where the Alliance and Horde war parties are facing each other down.
- Lady Jaina Proudmoore yells: Hand over the Archmage and I may yet allow you to walk out of here, Lor'themar.
- Lor'themar Theron yells: Proudmoore! You will release my people from the Violet Hold, or I will cut you down myself!
- Lady Jaina Proudmoore yells: Your people are legitimate prisoners of war. They orchestrated an attack on Darnassus from MY city-
- Lor'themar Theron yells: The Sunreavers knew NOTHING of Garrosh's raid on Darnassus!
- Aethas Sunreaver shifts uncomfortably.
- Taran Zhu yells: ENOUGH!! There will be no more bloodshed today.
- Taran Zhu yells: I see now why your Alliance and Horde cannot stop fighting.
- Taran Zhu yells: Every reprisal is itself an act of aggression, and every act of aggression triggers immediate reprisal.
- Lady Jaina Proudmoore yells: They have undermined EVERY attempt at peace!
- Lor'themar Theron yells: I must protect my sovereign people.
- Taran Zhu yells: SILENCE! YOU must break the cycle.
- Taran Zhu yells: It ends TODAY. Here. The cycle ends when you, Regent Lord, and you, Lady Proudmoore, turn from one another. And walk. Away.
- Lor'themar narrows his eyes.
- Jaina takes a deep breath.
- Lor'themar Theorn yells: Rangers. Lower your weapons.
- Scout Captain Elsia yells: My Lord!
- Lady Jaina Proudmoore says: Very well. We will stand down.
- Vereesa Windrunner yells: They killed my husband!
- Lady Jaina Proudmooore says: This won't bring him back.
- Lady Jaina Proudmoore says: But know this, "Blood" Elf: There can be no peace while Hellscream is Warchief of the Horde.
- Lor'themar Theron says: That is precisely why I wish to conserve our strength today.
- Jaina's expression softens.
- Lor'themar Theron says: Lady.
- Lor'themar bows.
- Lady Jaina Proudmoore says: Lord.
- Jaina curtsies.
- Lor'themar Theron yells: Gather the wounded. Withdraw to the harbor.
- Lady Jaina Proudmoore yells: Everyone, regroup back at the camp. Our work here is done.
- The two forces turn and walk away.
- Taoshi yells: Lord Zhu!
- Taran Zhu says: Champion, this cease-fire may not last, but remember what you have seen today.
- Taoshi says: We must get you back to the monastery.
- Taran Zhu says: Shan Bu's monstrosity remains at the foot of the palace. It must be stopped before it wreaks havoc across Pandaria.
- Taoshi says: Yalia, take Lord Zhu to safety.
- Yalia mounts up and drapes Taran Zhu sideways across it, before running in the direction of the Diremoor.
- Taoshi says: Hero, it will be up to you to defeat the Storm Lord Nalak. You will have to marshal a small army!
- Taoshi says: But after what I have seen today, I have faith in you.
- Taoshi says: It has been a great honor to fight by your side. Thank you.
- Stage 0:
- Stage 1:
- Stage 2:
- Stage 3:
- Stage 4:
- Stage 5:
- At exalted:
- Patch 5.2.0 (2013-03-05): Added.