The Fate of Dalaran
90 (Requires 90)
Speak with Jaina Proudmoore and hear her story.
- Speak with Jaina Proudmoore
You, on the other hand, are a hero of the Alliance and I know she respects your deeds.
Is there something you can say to her to convince her we need her help?
Thank you for your help, hero. I hear the wisdom in Jaina's words.
Let's just hope her faith in the Sunreavers is justified.
Turn and speak with Jaina to begin a short Choose Your Own Adventure story:
- Varian sent you as well? I'm outnumbered in my own city!
- <Jaina's eyes flash mischieveously.>
- Let's go about this a different way. Put yourself in my shoes. Imagine that YOU are the leader of the Kirin Tor. <Name>!
- What would YOU do?
- I would commit our order to an Alliance victory!
- Spoken like a stalwart Alliance <class>! Believe me, I understand the sentiment.
- Now then, as leader of the Kirin Tor and a faithful part of the Alliance, what would you do about the Sunreavers? True, they are advocates of the Horde. But they have been allies and productive members of the Kirin Tor for over 2000 years. This city is their home. Would you expel them?
- Yes. Horde is Horde.
- <Jaina's eyes grow sad.>
- So... you would purge the city? Cast the Sunreavers from their homes? The very same Sunreavers who helped humans discover magic in the first place?
- You and I are obviously very different. I suppose I see my role - and the mission of the Kirin Tor a little differently. My mind is set. Would you like to hear what I think?
- What do you think?
- Not if they renounced the Horde.
- <Jaina brushes her hair from her eyes, deep in thought.>
- You're so passionate for your cause and clear in your convictions. Believe me when I say that the Sunreavers are the same. The Horde is their family.
- Not all of them support Garrosh. But they're not about to abandon their own people... I couldn't ask them to do so without tearing the Kirin Tor apart.
- The Kirin Tor is sacred to me. We need to stay united.
- Are you sure?
- I would struggle to maintain our neutrality.
- Ah! A very bold decision in times like these. Your honesty is refreshing!
- Tell me, leader of the Kirin Tor, what if the Horde killed your friends? Your family? Destroyed everything you had. Could you maintain your convictions even then, Archmage <name>?
- Yes - The Kirin Tor must remain above such faction squabbles.
- <Jaina smiles.>
- If only we all shared your strength and conviction! To be honest, I struggle. Every. Day.
- But you are right. The Kirin Tor is bigger than you, me, Alliance or Horde. I have a responsibility to preserve it, and to use its powers wisely.
- You and I seem to agree. I doubt the King sees it that way. But... do you think we can convince Anduin?
- Let's talk to him.
- I'm not sure I could.
- <Jaina warms to you immediately.>
- A kindred soul! Thank you, <name>, for your honesty. You seem to understand my struggle. Every day, the hard decisions. Every night... the nightmares.
- But I have a responsibility to preserve the Kirin Tor. I'm glad you're with me on this. The King would nver see it this way. Do you think we can explain it to Anduin?
- Let's talk to him.
A cinematic begins:
- Lady Jaina Proudmoore says: Nobody dislikes Garrosh more than me. I wrestle with my anger every day.
- Lady Jaina Proudmoore says: Come with me - look around you a moment.
- The two step over to the railing and overlook the city.
- Lady Jaina Proudmoore says: In the aftermath of Theramore, my first instinct was to decimate Orgrimmar - to kill every man woman and child in the city.
- Anduin Wrynn says: ...Jaina!
- Anduin turns to look at her, stunned at this revelation. She turns to him in response.
- Lady Jaina Proudmoore says: I'm not proud. Since then, Kalecgos and I have talked at length about power, and how it should be used.
- Scenes of Jaina and Kalec walking together as he talks with her...
- Lady Jaina Proudmoore says: The Kirin-Tor has a legacy of abuse. Kel'thuzad turned his knowledge of the arcane arts toward Necromancy.
- ...Kel'Thuzad with an early experiment of two ghouls...
- Lady Jaina Proudmoore says: Kael'thas Sunstrider was also a student here, another of our fold who betrayed us.
- ...and Kael'thas with some of his people in the past, are shown.
- The camera returns to the balcony.
- Lady Jaina Proudmoore says: Every day I ask myself: "What's the right thing to do?"
- Lady Jaina Proudmoore says: Anduin, you know more than anyone, it's important to separate the Horde from its people.
- Silver Covenant high elf members are shown in open discussions with individual Sunreavers in the Magus Commerce Exchange.
- Lady Jaina Proudmoore says: The Sunreavers still operate within this city. Alliance and Horde work together.
- A shot looking up at the Antonidas Memorial.
- Lady Jaina Proudmoore says: As long as we stay above the war, then there's hope for the world as a whole.
- A long camera pan through the streets flies above the city and behind the Violet Citadel, and appears to head back toward the Purple Parlor.
- Lady Jaina Proudmoore says: I see our city as a beacon of light, showing the way.
- Lady Jaina Proudmoore says: If we can trust one another here, then there's hope for the rest of the world.
- Anduin Wrynn says: I understand. I'll talk to my father.
- Lady Jaina Proudmoore says: Thank you, Anduin.
- The camera releases back to player control.
To see the cinematic again, speak with her once more:
- And did the good King Varian send you as well to bid for our aid?
- Are you sure you can't choose a side?
- Anduin Wrynn says: <Name>, we should discuss matters back in Krasarang. For now, thank you for your help. There is a portal that can return you to Lion's Landing whenever you choose.
Walk back in to the Purple Parlor and take the port.
Agent Connely has sent a letter as well:
Connelly here. Thanks again for your help in Kun-Lai.
I'm keeping close tabs on the Horde and a lot is going down. The blood elves have been sent to tear apart every mogu ruin that Garrosh can find. Result? I'm finding a lot of elven corpsees. I don't think they're too happy about it. Maybe we can exploit this?
Heard you've been having tea and biscuits with Jaina Proudmoore. She give you more bunk about the Kirin Tor being neutral? We'll see how long that lasts.
- Operation: Shieldwall dailies unlocked →
- Friendly 950/6,000:
- Friendly 4,900/6,000:
- Honored 2,850/12,000:
- Honored 6,800/12,000:
- Honored 10,750/12,000:
- Revered 2,700/21,000:
- Revered 6,650/21,000:
- Revered 8,900/21,000:
- Revered 14,500/21,000:
- Revered 18,500/21,000:
- Patch 5.1.0 (2012-11-27): Added.