Quest:The Great Banquet
86 (Requires 85)
- Speak with High Elder Cloudfall
The banquet should be starting any time now. Go find the High Elder and pay your respects. I'll be right behind you.
We will move on to the training soon enough, young <class>. First we must talk, and drink, and eat.
Though I must say, I admire your discipline.
That concludes our introductions. You should be ready to begin your training.
That is... you should be ready to begin your training... AFTER we have one more mug of ale. Perhaps two. Shall we, <name>?
- 34700 XP
Head across to the Banquet Grounds:
- Tian Trainee says: Welcome to the Great Banquet. High Elder Cloudfall awaits you at the back table.
The banquet grounds are full of trainees. Cloudfall and the instructors are at the table in the back.
- Welcome, <name>. We are honored to have you as our guest. Today we celebrate not only your arrival, but the initiation of a new class of trainees within our monastery.
- Please, enjoy the food and drink that we have prepared. When you are ready, I would like to introduce you to some of the monastery's instructors.
- I'm ready to be introduced to the instructors, High Elder.
- I don't need any instructions, old man. Let's skip ahead to the good part.
Should players choose to not be impolite...
- High Elder Cloudfall says: Let us start with the three who sit behind me.
- High Elder Cloudfall says: Before you sits Instructor Myang. She will be responsible for teaching you most practical fighting techinques.
- High Elder Cloudfall says: It is said that, before she joined our monastery, Myang defeated one hundred ravaging hozen in a single melee.
- Instructor Myang says: You flatter me, High Elder. Those hozen were weak, young and unskilled. Any other pandaren would have done the same.
- High Elder Cloudfall says: Flatter you? You were eight years old.
- Instructor Myang says: ...and a half. Sir.
- High Elder Cloudfall says: Next, we have Master Stone Fist. He will be leading your sparring exercises.
- High Elder Cloudfall says: Master Stone Fist is nearly unmatched in single combat. He once defeated nine hundred and ninety-nine challengers in a row.
- Master Stone Fist says: The thousandth challenger cheated.
- High Elder Cloudfall yells: What? Cheated!?
- Cloudfall jumps on Stone Fist's table and whacks him, before jumping back off.
- High Elder Cloudfall yells: I never cheat!
- High Elder Cloudfall says: Finally, Instructor Xann. His mastery of the very basics of combat has given him a nearly perfect fighting form.
- High Elder Cloudfall says: Xann, how many practice strikes do your students perform daily?
- Instructor Xann says: Ten thousand strikes, every day.
- High Elder Cloudfall says: And how many do YOU perform?
- Instructor Xann smiles.
- Instructor Xann says: Ten thousand and one.
- High Elder Cloudfall says: Luckily, High Elders no longer have to perform basic training. I find that I am happier when I am not exercising.
- High Elder Cloudfall says: Walk and drink with me, <name>.
- High Elder Cloudfall says: Ah! Upon this table, you see Spirit-Sage Gaoquan, the oldest member of our monastery.
- High Elder Cloudfall says: He has seen many elders come and go. He also tends to take these celebrations very seriously.
- High Elder Cloudfall says: You may have noticed the hozen and jinyu among us. All are welcome here at the monastery, as long as they have the desire to learn.
- High Elder Cloudfall says: Finally, this is Groundskeeper Wu.
- Wu is passed out on the ground.
- High Elder Cloudfall yells: WU!
- Groundskeeper Wu says: Ye... yes, high <hic> elder?
- High Elder Cloudfall says: Wu, this is <name>. <He/She> will be joining the other trainees.
- Groundskeeper Wu says: Oh...<hic>... hello... <name>sszzhhhh....
- High Elder Cloudfall says: Wu will be asking you to perform a few chores. Nothing complex, just some tasks related to the maintenance of our monastery.
- High Elder Cloudfall says: We are all responsible for maintaining our home. Even the High Elder must occasionally lend a hand.
- High Elder Cloudfall says: See? I'm helping by picking up this full mug of ale that someone left on the ground.
- High Elder CLoudfall says: Now you are caught up. And would you look at that? My cup is full again! It is good to be the High Elder.
- High Elder Cloudfall says: Another mug of ale for <name>!
Players will imbibe and quickly pass out. When they wake, Xiao and Master Stone Fist offer quests.
- Patch 5.0.4 (2012-08-28): Added.