Quest:The Nightmare Manifests
60 (Requires 60)
Defend Nighthaven from . Do not let perish. Do not slay Eranikus. Defend yourself. Await .
- The Redemption of Eranikus
We must use restraint against Eranikus. We are to redeem him not destroy him.
Tyrande is already en route to assist us in this task. We must weather the dragon's blows and save Nighthaven from certain destruction.
Be on guard! You and your allies are our only hope.
He is redeemed, <name>. He now returns to the Dream to right what he alone has done wrong. Eranikus will be a powerful ally to Malfurion and my father.
These armaments are for you, <name>; given to me by herself. You would do well to make use of them in your battles against the Qiraji.
The article has a section dealing with tactics for keeping everyone alive while Tyrande travels to Moonglade. It is imperative that neither Eranikus nor Keeper Remulos die. Ensure that as few people die as possible, as this fight is like Kazzak's in that regard.
Once Tyrande arrives, she will yell out her orders and then a cutscene will begin as soon as Eranikus is no longer actively hostile to the raid.
NPC text during the event
- Keeper Remulos says: We will locate the origin of the Nightmare through the fragments you collected, <name>. From there, we will pull Eranikus through a rift in the Dream. Steel yourself, <class>. We are inviting the embodiment of the Nightmare into our world.
- Keeper Remulos says: To Nighthaven! Keep your army close, champion.
- Keeper Remulos says: The rift will be opened there, above the Lake Elun'ara. Prepare yourself, <name>. Eranikus's entry into our world will be wrought with chaos and strife.
- Keeper Remulos says: He will stop at nothing to get to Malfurion's physical manifestation. That must not happen... We must keep the beast occupied long enough for Tyrande to arrive.
- Keeper Remulos says: Defend Nightaven, hero...
- Eranikus, Tyrant of the Dream, has entered our world. (server-wide emote)
- Eranikus, Tryant of the Dream yells: Pitful predictable mortals... You know not what you have done! The master's will fulfilled. The Moonglade shall be destroyed and Malfurion along with it!
- Keeper Remulos yells: Fiend! Face the might of Cenarius!
- Eranikus, Tyrant of the Dream lets loose a sinister laugh.
- Eranikus, Tyrant of the Dream yells: You are certanly not your father, insect. Should it interest me, I would crush you with but a swipe of my claws. Turn Shan'do Stormrage over to me and your pitiful life will be spared along with the lives of your people.
- Keeper Remulos yells: Who is the predictable one, beast? Surely you did not think that we would summon you on top of Malfurion? Your redemption comes, Eranikus. You will be cleansed of this madness - this corruption.
- Eranikus, Tyrant of the Dream yells: My redemption? You are bold, little one. My redemption comes by the will of my god.
- Eranikus, Tyrant of the Dream roars furiously.
- Keeper Remulos says: Hurry, <name>! We must find protective cover!
- Keeper Remulos says: Please, champion, protect our people.
- Eranikus, Tyrant of the Dream yells: Rise, servants of the Nightmare! Rise and destroy this world! Let there be no survivors...
- Keeper Remulos says: We will battle these fiends, together! Nighthaven's Defenders are also among us. They will fight to the death if asked. Now, quickly, we must drive these aberations back to the Nightmare. Destroy them all!
- Eranikus, Tyrant of the Dream yells: Where is your savior? How long can you hold out against my attacks?
- Eranikus, Tyrant of the Dream yells: Defeated my minions? Then face me, mortals!
- Eranikus, Tyrant of the Dream yells: Remulos, look how easy they fall before me? You can stop this, fool. Turn the druid over to me and it will all be over...
- Tyrande yells: Elune, hear my prayers. Grant us serenity! Watch over our fallen...
- Tyrande says: Tend to the injuries of the wounded, sisters!
- Tyrande yells: Seek absolution, Eranikus. All will be forgiven...
- Tyrande yells: You will be forgiven, Eranikus. Elune will always love you. Break free of the bonds that command you!
- Tyrande says: The grasp of the Old Gods is unmoving. He is consumed by their dark thoughts... I... I... I cannot... cannot channel much longer... Elune aid me.
- Eranikus, Tyrant of the Dream yells: IT BURNS! THE PAIN.. SEARING...
- Eranikus, Tyrant of the Dream yells: WHY? Why did this happen to... to me? Where were you Tyrande? Where were you when I fell from the grace of Elune?
- Eranikus, Tyrant of the Dream yells: I... I feel... I feel the touch of Elune upon my being once more... She smiles upon me... Yes... I...
- Eranikus, Tyrant of the Dream is wholly consumed by the Light of Elune. Tranquility sets in over the Moonglade. (server-wide emote)
- Tyrande falls to one knee.
- Tyrande yells: Praise be to Elune... Eranikus is redeemed.
- Eranikus the Redeemed says: For so long, I was lost... The Nightmare's corruption had consumed me... And now, you... all of you.. you have saved me. Released me from its grasp.
- Eranikus the Redeemed says: But... Malfurion, Cenarius, Ysera... They still fight. They need me. I must return to the Dream at once.
- Eranikus the Remeemed says: My lady, I am unworthy of your prayer. Truly, you are an angel of light. Please, assist me in returning to the barrow den so that I may return to the Dream. I like Malfurion, also have a love awaiting me... I must return to her... to protect her...
- Eranikus the Redeemed says: And heroes... I hold that which you seek. May it once more see the evil dissolved. Remulos, see to it that our champion receives the shard of the Green Flight.
- Keeper Remulos says: It will be done, Eranikus. Be well, ancient one.
This is part of the fork of quest chain:
- Patch 1.9.0 (2006-01-03): Added.