Quest:The Secret Compromised
70 (Requires 70)
+350 Ashtongue Deathsworn
Thanks again, <name>. I recognize your name. Akama has entrusted you with his plans and so I will trust you as well.
The naga discovered I was working against Illidan and tried to get me to speak by torturing me. I did not tell them a thing - Akama himself taught me to master pain through meditation.
Illidan asked the naga to bring me to him. He would have seen right through my flesh and into my soul's deepest secrets.
Akama must be warned. Our plans are in jeopardy!
I thank you, <name>. Olum is one of my dearest friends and most trusted followers. His contributions have been of vital importance to our plans.
Seer Olum spawns in Serpentshrine Cavern after slaying .
- Olum walks up to Akama.
- Olum says: Akama, my friend. Have you been informed? I was found out by Vashj's followers. Now our secret is in peril!
- Akama says: Olum, old friend, it is good to see that you are safe.
- Olum says: Illidan is looking for me. I'm not safe here; none of us are.
- Akama says: Illidan will become suspicious, that much is for certain. We will deal with it as we always do.
- Olum says: Illidan will find me. And when he does, he will pry the Ashtongue secret from me. Such is the power of the Betrayer! Now, there is only one way. My usefulness to the cause has come to an end. I must venture into the spirit world.
- Akama says: You cannot be serious, Olum. Your sacrifice has already been too great.
- Olum says: My decision is final. I will not be dissuaded. I have devoted my life to my plan. To jeopardize it now would betray all who have died for the cause long before me.
- Akama says: It appears your mind is set then. We will guide you to the spirit world, with as much kindness as we can.
- Olum says: I thank you, Akama. You honor me by allowing me this moment, surrounded by my brothers. Farewell friend, guide our people well.
- Akama says: Farewell dear friend. We shall meet you in the next world when our duties in this one are fulfilled.
- Akama puts Olum to rest. Shortly thereafter, he summons Illidan.
- Akama says: Master, we've found the traitor who escaped Vashj! His body lies in front of me, lifeless.
- Illidan says: You disappoint me Akama. I wanted to question the treacherous worm myself! I'm beginning to question your allegiance, broken.
- Akama says: But sire! You have misjudged my actions... I do have knowledge of one close to you who plans to betray you! It is that dog Kael'thas! He has allied with and intends to replace you as Lord of Outland!
- Illidan says: I do not sense lies in your voice Akama. That Kael'thas would betray me does not come a big surprise. I'm not as oblivious as some would think. That one of your own was involved with him puts your loyalties into question.
- Illidan says: Send your Ashtongue into Tempest Keep and slay his most prized possession, the phoenix known as . I must know that you're not on his side. Do not think of betraying me, broken. We both know who owns your soul.
- Akama says: It will be done, my lord.
- Patch 2.1.0 (2007-05-22): Added.