The Warchief Cometh
11 (Requires 9)
Stand by for Warchief Garrosh Hellscream's arrival.
- Stand by for Warchief Garrosh Hellscream's arrival.
You're just in time, <name>nub. It is <name>nub, right?
<Grand Executor Mortuus looks at a sheet of paper.>
Yes, that's what the paperwork says: "<name>nub."
<Grand Executor Mortuus points to your name on the sheet of paper.>
Where was I? Oh yes, you're just in time! The Warchief should be arriving at any moment to meet with our leader and savior, the Dark Lady herself. Just stand by and be at your best behavior. I expect that when this demonstration is over we will all receive commendations!
Stand at attention, <name>nub!
Well that was unexpected. I am not one to doubt our Warchief, but...
Nevermind! We have work to do. I'm sure the Dark Lady and the Warchief will get this all worked out.
On accept, a voiced script event takes place:
- Lady Sylvanas Windrunner says: Where is that ogre-headed buffoon?
- Portals from Orgrimmar appear.
- Lady Sylvanas Windrunner says: Ah, speak of the devil...
- Garrosh Hellscream, Hellscream's Elite, and High Warlord Cromush arrive from the portals.
- Garrosh Hellscream says: This better be important, Sylvanas. You know how I detest this place and its foul stench. Why have you called for me?
- Garrosh Hellscream says: And more importantly, what are those Scourge fiends doing here?
- Garrosh makes a gesture at the val'kyr.
- Lady Sylvanas Windrunner says: Warchief, so glad you could make it.
- Lady Sylvanas Windrunner says: With the death of the Lich King, many of the more intelligent Scourge became... unemployed. Those 'fiends,' as you so delicately put it, are called val'kyr. They are under my command now...
- Lady Sylvanas Windrunner says: ...and they are part of the reason that I asked to see you.
- Garrosh Hellscream says: Get on with it, Sylvanas.
- Lady Sylvanas Windrunner says: Very well, Warchief. I have solved the plight of the Forsaken!
- Lady Sylvanas Windrunner says: As a race, we Forsaken are unable to procreate
- Lady Sylvanas Windrunner says: With the aid of the val'kyr, we are now able to take the corpses of the fallen and create new Forsaken.
- Lady Sylvanas Windrunner says: Agatha, show the Warchief!
- The val'kyr Agatha proceeds to resurrect fallen corpses as Forsaken.
- High Warlord Cromush says: ABBERATION![sic]
- Garrosh Hellscream says: What you have done here, Sylvanas... it goes against the laws of nature. Disgusting is the only word I have to describe it.
- Lady Sylvanas Windrunner says: Warchief, without these new Forsaken my people would die out... Our hold upon Gilneas and northern Lordaeron would crumble.
- Garrosh Hellscream says: Have you given any thought to what this means, Sylvanas?
- Garrosh Hellscream says: What difference is there between you and the Lich King now?
- Lady Sylvanas Windrunner says: Isn't it obvious, Warchief? I serve the Horde.
- Garrosh Hellscream says: Watch your clever mouth.
- Garrosh Hellscream says: Cromush, you stay behind and make sure the Banshee Queen is well "guarded." I will be expecting a full report when next we meet.
- High Warlord Cromush says: As you command, Warchief!
- Garrosh Hellscream says: Remember, Sylvanas, eventually we all have to stand before our maker and face judgment. Your day may come sooner than others...
- Garrosh walks over to one of the portals and teleports out, followed shortly by the remaining orcish units.
- Worgen assassins quests:
- & &
- & &
- Prior to patch 9.0.1, Garrosh's line Watch your clever mouth ended with the word "bitch". This line, along with a line spoken by Lord Godfrey in Shadowfang Keep, was changed after a member of the development team who enjoyed playing World of Warcraft with his child sent feedback that "bitch" stuck out from other language in the game.
- Patch 9.0.2 (TBD): The line Watch your clever mouth, bitch. has been changed to Watch your clever mouth.
- Patch 4.0.3a (2010-11-23): Added.
- ^ Steve Danuser on Twitter (2020-08-29). Archived from the original on 2020-09-14. “Allow me to explain the decision. A team member sent feedback that he enjoyed playing the game with his kid, but when they encountered Garrosh's line, it stuck out from other language in the game. Several of us discussed the feedback and decided to make a change.”