We have begun migration of most wikis to our new host, Amazon Web Services. All but the top 100 wikis are in read-only mode until the migration is complete. Estimated completion: End of Week.
Quest:The Wolf and The Kodo
10 (Requires 8)
- Listen to the shaman's fable
My "associate" here has some plans for you that I don't agree with. His actions are hasty, uncontrolled, and irresponsible, and you may end up paying for them with your life.
Before you work with Gor, first listen to the tale that I have to tell. It's a moralistic story - a fable - but I believe its lesson will prove valuable. Speak to me when you are ready.
Pay close attention to the meaning behind my words, child.
The moral of the story: hasty, lazy actions have ruinous results. We mustn't take shortcuts... we must work for our rewards. I've been trying to tell this story to the "Enforcer", but I fear his Hellscream-worshipping skull is a little bit too thick.
You will gain the buff Hunting while doing this quest, which will transform you into a wolf. The wolf has one ability, Dash, which will temporarily raise movement speed and give a semi-random line of the story when used. On approaching any of the pairs of battling kodos to the east (near Bladefist Bay), the rest of the story will be told automatically.
- One day, The Wolf was very hungry, so he ran east to look for some food.
- The Wolf had grown tired of eating boar meat.
- The Wolf did not care for raptor meat.
- The Wolf found scorpid meat too bitter.
- He was hungry for kodo meat.
- The Wolf ran and ran, looking for an easy meal.
- The more he ran, the more his stomach growled.
- He scoured the sands of Durotar, hunting for his prey.
- The Wolf was lazy, and didn't want to work for his meal.
- He happened upon a pair of battling kodos.
- Clever as he was, The Wolf decided to wait for one to defeat the other.
- When the weaker Kodo died, The Wolf approached and tried to eat it.
- The remaining Kodo, angry at The Wolf's impetuousness,
- swiftly killed The Wolf before he had a chance to eat.
Patches and hotfixes
- Hotfix (2010-11-24): "Players no longer keep the invisibility aura and the Hunting buff after logging out while in the wolf vehicle on the quest "The Wolf and the Kodo"."
- Patch 4.0.3a (2010-11-23): Added.