Quest:Whispers of a Frightened World
Auto-accept / Archmage Khadgar
110 (Requires 110)
- 1 Objectives
- 2 Description
- 3 Rewards
- 4 Progress
- 5 Completion
- 6 Gains
- 7 Notes
- 8 Patch changes
- 9 External links
- (Optional) Take the Dalaran portal to Wyrmrest Temple
- Meet Magni in Sholazar Basin
- Meet Magni in The Makers' Overlook
- Conduits opened (3)
- Hear Azeroth's warning
"Champion! Azeroth needs our help."
<Magni Bronzebeard's words echo in your mind, as if rising from somewhere deep and ancient. Azeroth's world soul seeks to deliver a warning to the Speaker, but some force is interfering with the message.>
<Magni has urged you to travel to Sholazar Basin, the vibrant heart of frozen Northrend, to aid him.>
If accepting from Archmage Khadgar:
Champion, Magni needs your help!
The Speaker has a message for you, perhaps from Azeroth herself. He seems to be having trouble understanding her, but I'm sure he can explain everything better.
He said he was in Sholazar Basin, in Northrend. He should be contacting you shortly.
Yes, <name>? What news do you bring?
This warning is an ill omen indeed, <name>. It seems the fate of Azeroth is tied to that of Argus, the homeworld of the Legion.
We must uncover the Dark Titan's plan! I believe the Speaker's connection to the world soul will prove crucial to our efforts.
Stay vigilant, <class title>. We must trust in Magni's guidance... and Azeroth's as well.
- 16,450 XP
- Quest accept
- Magni Bronzebeard says: Champion! Azeroth needs our help.
- Magni Bronzebeard says: She's tryin' ta send me a message... a warning, methinks. But somethin's not right with her.
- Magni Bronzebeard says: Meet me in Sholazar Basin up in Northrend. Together, we'll get ta the bottom o' this!
- Entering Sholazar Basin
- As you enter Sholazar Basin, a floating crystal appears near you.
- Magni Bronzebeard says: Ah, yer gettin' close. Come ta the Makers' Overlook, high in the eastern mountains. I'll show ye the way inside.
- Magni Bronzebeard says: A shame Brann didn't come with ye. (Chuckles) Nothin' me brother loves more than openin' titan doors!
- Approach Overlook entrance
- Monitor Construct says: Subject identified: ally of Speaker. Annihilation protocols suspended.
- Enter corridor
- Monitor Construct says: Subject vitals within normal parameters. The Speaker awaits you.
- Approach Power Conduit
- Magni Bronzebeard says: All right, I got everythin' set up on this end. Activate the power conduits and the pad'll be operational!
- In order to progress, you have to activate 3 Power Conduits on the ground to activate a teleportation pad.
- Conduits opened
- Magni Bronzebeard says: Here ya go. This pad'll bring ye deep below ground, ta a place no mortal has walked in millennia... the Hall o' Communion! C'mon down, I've got a lot to show ye.
Stage 1: Speaking with the Speaker
- Find Magni
- Magni Bronzebeard says: The titans built these halls ta watch over the soul o' the world. From this chamber I can hear her, clear as diamond.
- Magni Bronzebeard says: Lately she's seemed... troubled. Hard ta read. I hope ye can help me get through ta her.
Notice that you can hear what sounds like a steady heartbeat in the background.
Stage 2: Dreams Beyond Dreams
- Defeat the invaders (7)
- Magni Bronzebeard says: Somethin's triggered the defenses! Careful now, ye've got company!
The heartbeat in the background has sped up, as though in distress. In front of you, you can see the shapes of what appear to be minions of the Old Gods, assaulting the defenses. Kill any Distressing Vision, Unsettling Despair, and Haunting Phantasms you come across.
- Magni Bronzebeard says: These phantoms must be her dreams... her nightmares. If we help her overcome these horrors, Azeroth should be able ta give us her message.
Stage 3: The Stuff of Nightmares
- Reactivate the defenses (4)
- Defense Node says: Threat neutralized. Deploying repair matrix.
- Magni Bronzebeard says: I sense her fear... her doubt. We've gotta help her! Looks like some o' the defenses are down. If ye reactivate 'em, it might help snap her out o' this!
The heartbeat returns to a more normal pace, but not for long. Upon stepping across into the next area, more of the same creatures are seen, with the addition of Disturbing Echoes plus Nightmarish Horrors, which have the shape of shivarra, and Coalescing Nightmare, seen as felstalkers. Repair the Damaged Constructs around the room to help fight them off.
- Defense Construct says: Self-repair mode resumed. External assistance evaluation: appreciated.
- The construct casts Dream Sedation Protocol to remove a nearby tentacle horror.
- Magni Bronzebeard says: Talkin' to a world soul ain't like chattin' with a mortal. Might be why she needed someone ta become her Speaker.
Second defense construct:
- Defense Construct says: Reactivation sequence complete. Initiating sentry protocols.
Third defense construct:
- Magni Bronzebeard says: She's haunted by the Legion... and the Old Gods. But there be somethin' more... a greater darkness...
Stage 4: Night Terror
- Amalgam of Torment defeated
- Magni Bronzebeard says: That's it! Her thoughts be clearin' up. She's feelin'... fear. Watch out!
An aberration manifests and begins to fight you, echoing the words of battles past. Although the aberration is an elite mob, the defense construct will assist you by periodically casting Suppression Protocol, which stuns the aberration for a moderate amount of time.
- Defense Construct says: Facility lockdown confirmed. Engaging threat.
- Amalgam of Torment yells: Look upon the true face of death, and know that your end comes soon!
- Amalgam of Torment yells: The pain of flesh is fleeting. True torment lasts forever.
- Amalgam of Torment yells: You are BLIND. I WILL FORCE YOUR EYES OPEN.
- Amalgam of Torment yells: Soon the heart of your world will beat no more!
- Amalgam of Torment yells: Your courage will fail.
- Magni Bronzebeard says: Ye did it! The nightmares are contained. Keep going, I'm just ahead in the next chamber.
Stage 5: Dark Revelations
- Speak with Magni
- Maiden of Vitality says: Threat signatures neutralized. Facility defenses at 74.39 percent. Repairs in progress.
- Maiden of Vitality says: Subject: Azeroth. Minor arrhythmia detected, but vitals within acceptable parameters. Incident reports updated.
Magni is looking over a console, but will turn to greet you as you approach.
- Magni Bronzebeard says: 'Tis good ta see ye, <name>. Now that the nightmares are gone, we can find out what she wants ta tell us. Give the word and we'll begin.
Speak with Magni to hear Azeroth's warning.
- She's calmer now, but still troubled. I should be able ta reach her.
- Are ye ready, <name>?
Final Stage: A Word of Warning
- Hear Azeroth's Warning
- Magni Bronzebeard says: Talk ta me, lass. Tell me what's got ye all in a tizzy...
- Magni Bronzebeard says: Her feelin's are a jumble. I need ta focus, let her thoughts flow into--UNNGG!
- Magni Bronzebeard says: Sands... soaked in pain. Rivers... rivers of blood.
- Magni Bronzebeard says: Skies aflame. A sword... in the darkness... the wound... burning...
- Magni Bronzebeard says: Sar...ger...as...
- Magni Bronzebeard says: The Dark Titan comes! We gotta stop him! Argus... the Legion's homeworld. She says our destiny lies there.
- Magni Bronzebeard says: Looks like we've got some preparin' ta do, champion! Ye best tell Khadgar what we've learned. Good luck!
Take the teleportation pad next to Magni to return to Dalaran. If you try to talk to him he will say:
- Don't worry lass, we'll protect ye. We've got to!
- Patch 7.2.5 (2017-06-13): Added.
- Activated 2017-08-15.
- Activated 2017-08-15.