Quest:Why Do We Fight?
90 (Requires 90)
Why Do We Fight? wraps up the Mists of Pandaria storyline, with the reward being a cutscene between the player, , , and the August Celestials. This cutscene can be replayed by interacting with the Wisdom of the Emperor object next to Cho in the Vale of Eternal Blossoms.
Completing this quest also unlocks the objects Memory of the Alliance and Memory of the Horde (the nearby stone pillars), which will replay the respective faction cutscenes for the end of Siege of Orgrimmar.
wishes to speak with you in the Vale of Eternal Blossoms.
Oh my friend, today you and your companions have put an end to the sha that has plagued Pandaria since before time was recorded. You have accomplished that which even the titans and their mogu servants could not: destroying the last breaths of .
Come, will you join me in the Vale of Eternal Blossoms? There is something I would like you to bear witness to.
Our precious Vale of Eternal Blossoms. So much destruction and violence. But... I sense a glimmer of hope.
- 236,000 XP
- Lorewalker Cho says: My my - this is all that remains of the terrible being that haunted Pandaria all these years.
- Lorewalker Cho says: Whatever darkness it once exuded is silent at last.
- Lorewalker Cho says: Come with me, hero. Let us return to the Vale. There is someone I think who would be particularly interested in this turn of events, if we can get his attention.
After completion, a cutscene begins:
- Cho walks to the shrine and kneels before it.
- Lorewalker Cho says: Dear Emperor. It is done. The darkness that you once struggled against has been purged from Pandaria - forever.
- Lorewalker Cho says: But the cost... such a terrible cost.
- The adventurer walks over and joins Cho in kneeling as a light coalesces from the bell. It comes forth and appears as the spirit of Shaohao.
- says: Do not despair the damage that was done here.
- Emperor Shaohao says: You triumphed over the darkness I had locked away.
- Emperor Shaohao says: You have shown Pandaria the power of a true hero.
- Emperor Shaohao says: But the question still remains... why do we fight?
- As the camera pans around to follow the flying , the other celestials walk up and stand in frame.
- Emperor Shaohao says: I trust you have learned: to fight out of fear or anger is to fight a war that never ends.
- Shaohao appears in the middle of the celestials and the adventurer and Cho walk up into view.
- Emperor Shaohao says: Face your fears. Calm your hatreds.
- Emperor Shaohao says: Find peace within yourself, so that you may share it with the world around you.
- Emperor Shaohao says: These are the greatest treasures in life.
- Shaohao plants a tree which quickly begins to grow.
- Emperor Shaohao says: Surely they... are worth fighting for.
- Shaohao bows and with a blinding flash of light, disappears as the tree, though relatively small, is now fully mature. Cho kneels in deep, humble reverence.
- Lorewalker Cho says: Thank you... emperor. Thank you.
Afterwards, Lorewalker Cho and the celestials have the following gossip text:
- Lorewalker Cho
- What you have achieved today will shape the face of Pandaria for thousands of years to come.
- Thank you, hero. The Lorewalkers shall pass your story down from generation to generation.
- This tree stands as a symbol of hope. Hope that the land might in time be healed and made stronger by your deeds.
- <Niuzao nods approvingly at you.>
- Your strength has helped free this land of its long-held darkness. It is my honor to witness your deeds with my own eyes, Champion.
- There is much work ahead of us if we are to heal the land and mend our wounds. But thanks to your deeds we no longer must work in the shadow of one of the seven breaths of Y'Shaarj.
- In time, the sha will cease to be, and your name will be remembered with the reverence of the last emperor.
- Patch 5.4.0 (2013-09-10): Added.