→ WoW API
Returns WorldMap POI icon information for the given quest.
completed, posX, posY, objective = QuestPOIGetIconInfo(questId)
- The questId - you can get this from the quest link or from GetQuestLogTitle(questLogIndex).
- Boolean - is the quest completed (the icon is a question mark).
- A number between 0 and 1 inclusive - the X position where the icon is shown on the map.
- A number between 0 and 1 inclusive - the Y position where the icon is shown on the map.
- A number which is sometimes negative and doesn't appear to have anything to do with the quest's actual objectives.
local playerX, playerY = GetPlayerMapPosition("player") local _, questX, questY = QuestPOIGetIconInfo(12345) local diffX, diffY = abs(playerX - questX), abs(playerY - questY) local distanceToTarget = math.sqrt(math.pow(diffX, 2) + math.pow(diffY, 2)) print("You are ", floor(distanceToTarget * 100), " clicks from the target location.")
You are 42 clicks from the target location.