Players resurrected by this spell receive the Void-Touched debuff, which makes them semi-transparent and gives them a shadowy aura.
Prior to patch 4.1.0, this spell raised a fallen raid or party member as a ghoul which they could control for 5 minutes with a vehicle bar.
- Claw — Claw the enemy, causing damage.
- Thrash — A physical attack, injuring a single foe.
- Gnaw — Chew a limb off the target, stunning for 3 sec and dealing damage.
- Leap — Leap behind the targeted friend or enemy.
- Huddle — Go into a defensive crouch, reducing the damage taken from melee attacks, ranged attacks and spells by 50% for 10 sec.
- Explode — Explode self, destroying the ghoul and causing 787 to 913 shadow damage to all nearby enemies.
- Patch 7.0.3 (2016-07-19): No longer cost runic power.
- Patch 5.0.4 (2012-08-28): Revived targets are now healed to 60% health, up from 20%. Cost reduced from 50 to 30 Runic Power.
- Patch 4.3.0 (2011-11-29): Ranged increased from 30 to 40 yards.
- Patch 4.1.0 (2011-04-26): Redesigned to be a battle resurrection, analogous to . It is instant cast, but costs 50 Runic Power to use, and has a 10-minute cooldown. It shares the same global battle resurrection cap with Rebirth and .
- Patch 3.3.0 (2009-12-08): The cooldown on this ability has been reduced from 15 minutes to 10 minutes. Cannot be used in Arenas.
- Patch 3.2.0 (2009-08-04): Using the ability while under the effects of this spell will now initiate auto-attack. In addition, the damage done has been changed from a flat value to a percentage of weapon damage.
- Patch 3.1.0 (2009-04-14): Now has a cooldown greater than 15 min and can no longer be used in Arenas.
- Patch 3.0.8 (2009-01-20): Raise Dead has now been split into two spells: