Hello there! We are conducting a survey to better understand the user experience in making a first edit. If you have ever made an edit on Gamepedia, please fill out the survey. Thank you!
Raise Dead (death knight ability)
- "Do not be mistaken - I will gladly trade your life for a more obedient soldier." 
- – Randolphe Mortimer 
Raise Dead is a level 55 Unholy Death knight ability that allows the death knight to raise a Risen Ally as a permanent combat pet. This creature has a number of abilities including a stun, which can also be empowered for a short time with .
Raise Dead and other similar abilities have been a staple of the Warcraft series, commonly used by practitioners of necromancy, including Necrolyte units in Warcraft I, Death Knight units in Warcraft II, and Necromancer units in Warcraft III.
Patches and hotfixes
- Patch 6.0.2 (2014-10-14): Now only available to Unholy death knights.
- Hotfix (2013-10-02): "Raise Dead and Wild Mushroom: Plague (obtained through Druid's Symbiosis) should no longer cause each other's summons to despawn."
- Patch 4.0.3a (2010-11-23): Both Humanoid's Corpse and/or are no longer required to summon a ghoul.
- Patch 3.2.0 (2009-08-04): This spell will no longer give two errors when the casting player lacks the reagent to cast it.
- Patch 3.1.0 (2009-04-14): Duration lowered to 60 sec. and cooldown lowered to 3 min. The cooldown on this ability now begins when the pet dies rather than when it is summoned.
- Hotfix (2009-02-18): "Raise Dead now properly detects the presence of in your inventory."
- Patch 3.0.8 (2009-01-20): Raise Dead has now been split into two spells:
- Raise Dead now raises a ghoul or pet ghoul (if talented). Requires if no humanoid corpse is nearby.
- now raises a fallen party member and has no reagent. Available at level 72.