Rallying Cry of the Dragonslayer
When a player completes the second quest in series, all characters in Stormwind or Orgrimmar receive a 2 hour buff that grants 10% critical strike chance and 10% primary stat (strength, agility, or intellect, based on spec).
Players and NPCs over level 63 will not receive this buff.
- In Classic, Rallying Cry of the Dragonslayer grants a fixed 140 melee attack power, 10% spell critical strike chance, and 5% melee and ranged critical strike chance, at all player levels.
- In The Burning Crusade the effect was redesigned to grant melee attack power, critical strike rating, and spell critical strike rating, based on player level.
- The spell used to briefly display a lightning strike animation and sound effect when eligible players and NPCs received this buff. It was, however, removed prior to Cataclysm for an unknown reason.
- Patch 8.0.1 (2018-07-17): Effect redesigned.
- Patch 2.1.0 (2007-05-22): Level at which characters will no longer receive this buff is upped from 60 to 63.
- Patch 1.7.0 (2005-09-13): Fixed a bug that was preventing Rallying Cry of the Dragon Slayer to fire when Onyxia's head was turned in (assuming a head was not already up).