Ranger (Warcraft III)
|The subject of this section did not make it out of the beta of Warcraft III: Reign of Chaos or its expansion.
- For lore about elven rangers, see elven ranger.
|Produced at||Altar of Kings|
|Weapon(s)||Bow & arrows|
|Can attack:||Ground, Structure, Debris, Air, Item, Ward|
These fearless Half-Elven women are masters of survival and wilderness exploration. Trained to hunt down renegade Orcs and Trolls in the wildlands of both Azeroth and Lordaeron, the Rangers are a force to be reckoned with. Being Half-Elven, the Rangers are often avoided by members of the High Elven stock. However, these crafty females make their home in the wilds and seldom feel the need for the distractions of camaraderie. Rangers are expert marksmen with the longbow and carry specially weighted bows and magically enhanced arrows.
Rangers were eventually cancelled as a hero unit. Most of their abilities were given to the Priestess of the Moon instead, and their model was reused for the in-game appearances of Sylvanas Windrunner and Jennalla Deemspring. Shandris Feathermoon uses a night elf version of the Ranger. When the The Frozen Throne expansion was released, Cold Arrows was given to Naga Sea Witches, renamed to Frost Arrows and given a new icon.
Spells and abilities
- Temporarily summons an Owl Scout, which can be used to scout the map. Can see invisible units.
- Slows target's movement speed per shot.
Trueshot Aura (Passive)
- An aura that gives nearby friendly units a 10% bonus damage to their ranged attacks.
- Calls down waves of falling stars that damage nearby enemy units. Each wave deals 50 damage. The time between waves is 1.5 seconds.
- Among the possible random hero names was "Somand Wayfinder".
- This became one of the random hero names for the Dark Ranger. It's likely that all of the Dark Ranger random hero names were originally meant for the Ranger.