- For the pre-Mists of Pandaria encounter, see Rattlegore (Classic).
- Not to be confused with Rattlebore.
|Race||Bone golem (Undead)|
|Level||43 - 62 / 92 Elite|
|Location||Chamber of Summoning, Scholomance|
Rattlegore is a bone golem boss in Scholomance. After being defeated by the Alliance during the Battle for Andorhal, he is recreated from bones within Scholomance's Chamber of Summoning. He appears after Lilian Voss leaves to chase Darkmaster Gandling.
Battle for Andorhal
Rattlegore appears in the Battle for Andorhal, where he is killed by Alliance players during .
Course: Reanimation 101
Rattlegore was thought to have been destroyed in Andorhal, but Gandling immediately began preparations to reanimate the clattering terror so he could guard against intruders. The darkmaster sought to make Rattlegore more ferocious than ever, imbuing him with an insatiable desire to harvest raw materials from his enemies.
Attacks and Abilities
- Rusting — Rattlegore's dull blades rust with each successful melee attack, increasing damage by 5% but lowering attack speed by 5% and movement speed by 5%. Stacks up to 99 times and lasts for 15 sec.
- Bone Spike — Launches a powerful spike of bone at a random player, inflicting 1,080[DJ 1] Physical damage and knocking them back a great distance. Bone Armor absorbs the effect of Bone Spikes.
- Soulflame — The souls of the dead Boneweavers continue to torment the living, periodically engulfing a section of the room in Soulflame. Inflicts 360[DJ 2] Fire damage and grows over time.
- Bone Pile — Bone Piles are scattered throughout the summoning room. Interacting with a Bone Pile grants a player two charges of Bone Armor.
Start out by clearing the room, one Boneweaver at a time. Boneweavers do not have an aggro radius, so feel free to walk around the room in peace. On aggro, the boneweaver will summon non-elite boneguards to harass the party. Make sure the Boneweaver is facing away from the rest of the party, as they cast a frontal cone. After each Boneweaver's death, the remaining Boneweavers summon additional Woven Boneguards with each cast. Be careful with the last weaver, as she summons six boneguards at a time! Make sure the boneguards attacking Voss are dead before the boneweaver dies.
As soon as the last boneweaver dies, run quickly run to a corner, as Rattlegore will spawn in the middle of the room after Voss and Gandling exit. Note the location of the six Bone Piles in the room. They can be interacted with to pick up a "debuff" lasting five minutes that absorbs the next Bone Spike cast by Rattlegore. The piles respawn after 10–15 seconds, so have a shield up before the fight starts.
During the fight, the tank will need to kite Rattlegore around the room until the Rusting debuff drops. However, be aware of the bone piles. They will occasionally flare up with bright flames, denying access to the bone pile objects within them and blocking off a portion of the room for a few seconds. All players need to keep track of their bone shield debuff and drop whatever they are doing to refresh the buff if it gets used.
This is a one phase fight, so the same abilities are in play from full health to zero.
|Agility/hit Mail feet|
|Intellect/hit Cloth wrist|
|Strength/crit Two-hand axe|
|Intellect/spirit Leather hands|
- Talking Skull yells: Die, Gandling! Kill him!
- Darkmaster Gandling says: My dear, it appears we have visitors! Friends of yours, Voss?
- Lilian Voss says: You there! Make yourselves useful and deal with these summoners!
- Defeat the Boneweavers to aid Lilian Voss!
- Darkmaster Gandling says: Their deaths only serve to empower my summoners further! Behold!
- Lilian Voss says: You feed their souls to their brethren? You are sick.
- Kill 2
- Darkmaster Gandling says: What's the matter, Voss, getting tired?
- Lilian Voss says: I'll never stop hunting your kind, necromancer. NEVER.
- Darkmaster Gandling says: Isn't it beautiful? The weaving of flesh and bone and soul.
- Lilian Voss says: We'll see if you revel so much in death once I've ripped out your throat!
- Darkmaster Gandling says: You, too, are beautiful, Voss. Have you looked in a mirror recently?
- Lilian Voss says: You'll pay for your tongue.
- Darkmaster Gandling says: My dear, you should embrace this gift that has been bestowed upon you.
- Lilian Voss says: I will not let you curse another soul with this nightmare.
- Lilian Voss says: Run...necromancer...your life ends once I catch my breath.
- Darkmaster Gandling says: Come, Voss, your fate awaits you.
- Talking Skull yells: NO! Get back here, coward!
- Rattlegore yells: Rattlegore!
- Players getting hit by Bone Spike without a shield
- Click on a Bone Pile to protect yourself from Bone Spike!
- Talking Skull says: Let's go!
Rattlegore appears as a legendary Warrior card in the Scholomance Academy expansion for Hearthstone. His effect resurrects him with -1/-1 stats each time he dies, and his flavor text reads: "He looks bad now, but he was pretty handsome in his 20/20s."