|The subject of this article was removed from World of Warcraft in patch 5.0.4.
- For information about the modern encounter, see Rattlegore.
|Race||Bone golem (Undead)|
|Location||The Great Ossuary, Scholomance|
Rattlegore is a level 43 elite bone golem mini-boss in Scholomance. He is directly under the Great Ossuary (Plagued Hatchling room) near Jandice Barov's dungeon (you can enter through the stairs or just fall through the holes in the hatchling room, but that is not recommended).
- He has a strong melee attack
- Knock Away - Inflicts normal damage plus 30 to an enemy and knocks it back.
- Strike - Strikes at an enemy, inflicting increased melee damage.
- War Stomp - Inflicts normal damage plus 50 to nearby enemies, stunning them for 4 sec.
Do note that if you do not empty the room of some patrolling mobs, you might over-pull, which does a lot during a boss fight. Have a priest ready to just in case. While you possibly do not need to clear the whole room to fight Rattlegore, doing so is strongly advised, particularly if an attempt is being made to solo him at level 70 or below.
Unless you're a Paladin or a Warrior, Rattlegore probably should not be soloed in less than tier 4 (level 70) equivalent gear, because in terms of scaling, at less than that mitigation/stamina level, he hits like a truck.
- He has 100% chance to drop the Viewing Room Key which in turn is used to enter Vectus's Lecturing Room, Ras Frostwhisper's Lab, and the Headmaster's Hall. This key is no longer needed and was removed.
He may be the leader or first "creation" of the Rattlecage Skeletons, who are situated in Tirisfal Glades, due to his name being similar to the word "rattlecage" and because he drops a shield called .
- Patch 5.0.4 (2012-08-28): Updated for the new version of Scholomance.
- Patch 4.0.3a (2010-11-23): Level reduced from 60 to 43. Now appears as a quest target in the Western Plaguelands.
- Patch 1.4.0 (2005-05-05): Rattlegore will now always drop at least one Rare item.