|Theater of operations|
Ravenholdt is a guild of thieves and assassins which welcomes only those of extraordinary prowess into its fold. They are diametrically opposed to the Syndicate and are a rogue-orientated faction as the main questline they offer is rogue-only.
Their headquarters, Ravenholdt Manor, is located in Alterac Mountains, but to get there you have to come from the northeast corner of Hillsbrad Foothills. To find Ravenholdt Manor, first start at Durnholde Keep and go directly north. Then wander to the left until you find a grave. Continue going forward through the small 'V' in the rocks and the path will be on the right, just before the rise slopes back down. (The coordinates are in Hillsbrad Foothills.)
Ravenholdt is relatively unused, and primarily serves as an important part of the Rogue-only Fangs of the Father questline, which rewards a legendary set of daggers. Prior to Cataclysm, the Manor mostly served as a low-level introduction to the rogue ability.
|This section is a lore stub.|
During the Cataclysm, they briefly worked with the black dragon prince, , to assassinate the remains of the black dragonflight. Much of the membership seems to have been wiped out by red dragons attempting to recapture or assassinate Wrathion.This section concerns content exclusive to Legion.
Ravenholdt is arguably one of the most difficult reputation grinds in the game, and reaching exalted was part of the criteria for the feat of strength. Reputation can be gained via repeatable quests, the Fangs of the Father questline (rogue-only), and by killing members of the Syndicate. You can get up to 11999/12000 Honored by killing the NPCs. To get to revered and exalted, you need to complete .
Fangs of the Father questline
|Repeatable Quest||75||Heavy Junkboxes x5|
Members of the Syndicate
|5||Caps at 11999/12000|
Anyone can do , but a rogue will be required to pickpocket the Heavy Junkboxes. Heavy Junkboxes can be found on level 51-60 NPCs. Good locations for pickpocketing them are Blackrock Spire and Burning Steppes. See Farming Heavy Junkboxes for a more in-depth guide.
Members of the Syndicate can be found in the following locations:
- Strahnbrad - Hillsbrad Foothills
- The Uplands - Hillsbrad Foothills
- Northfold Manor - Arathi Highlands
- Stromgarde Keep - Arathi Highlands
There are no faction rewards, but the guards will speak more nicely to those with higher reputations.
The maximum number of items that would be needed for the repeatable quests (without any reputation-gaining enhancements) would be:
- : requires you to obtain 5 Heavy Junkboxes. In return you will receive and 75 reputation with Ravenholdt (82.5 if you are human) and lose 75 reputation with the Syndicate. Heavy Junkboxes drop off level 52+ mobs. The easiest way to obtain Heavy Junkboxes is to enter Blackrock Spire and pickpocket the mobs until you have all that you need, then reset the instance.
- Fangs of the Father questline: These quests are available to rogue characters only. The questline requires that the rogue complete the Dragon Soul raid instance.
There is no physical reward for improving Ravenholdt reputation, such as gear or access to new quests. However, after improving a character's standing within the faction, the guards and assassins around Ravenholdt Manor will behave differently towards the player, from hinting they wish to stab the player with a knife to eventually rejoicing at the player's presence.
- Ravenholdt Manor does not recognize you, <class>.
- Brash. Master Ravenholdt does not like brash.
- Watch your back, stranger.
- Making it out of here without a blade in your back or poison in your veins would be an accomplishment.
- You dare set foot inside Ravenholdt Manor, worm? <Rude Emote Towards Player>
- Greetings, <class>. Have you spoken with Fahrad yet?
- Its is good to see you again, <name>.
- The Syndicate is made up of a bunch of hacks – disorganized, unskilled, and lazy…
- You should talk to Winstone. I hear he’s looking for thieves with your skill.
- You’re shaping up nicely, <name>. I’ve heard good things…
- An honor to see you again, <name>.
- I believe Simone was looking for you earlier, <name>. Have you spoken with her yet?
- You have truly grown more cunning, <name>.
- I really envy you, <name>. You do amazing work.
- Marvelous. Simply marvelous. You are an inspiration to us all, <name>.
- Tales of your heroics are heard throughout Ravenholdt Manor, Master <name>.
- Your presence steels our nerves, Master <name>.
- Master <name>! Master Kang has been asking about you! Perhaps it is your time!
- Your time has come, <name>. Master Kang awaits...
- And to think, one day you might be the one that stories of legend are about!
- Same as Revered
- In Ravenholdt Manor
- , The Black Prince
- <Lord of the Assassin’s League>
- <Grand Master Rogue>
- <The Wolf>
- <Poison Supplies>
- <Specialty Engineer> (he is the only one who sells in all of Azeroth)
- , the cat
- On the grounds
Removed in Cataclysm:
Notes and trivia
- During the World of Warcraft beta, could be found here. However, she was subsequently removed.
- During the original Love is in the Air event (pre-2010), (objective of ) had hidden behind Ravenholdt Manor.
- The orange color of the manor's roof could suggests that the area may have been part of the Alterac kingdom in the past.
A straightforward reading of the quest text for would imply that the name of the organization headquartered at Ravenholdt Manor is "The Assassin's League". The faction reputation is referred to as "Ravenholdt" reputation much as reputation for many factions refers to the geographic or political center of the faction rather than the proper name of the faction (e.g. "Orgrimmar" or "Darnassus" rep), or for that matter, common figures of speech (e.g. "What Washington knows" vs. "What officials working for the US government know").
Despite this, it has been speculated that the Assassin's League may be the name of a sub-organization within Ravenholdt rather than the proper name of the organization. However, no citation for such speculation is known to exist.