||It is requested that a screenshot or screenshots be included in this article to improve its quality.
- Location: Brawler's Guild
Ray D. Tear is a wraith who serves as the final boss of Brawler's Guild's Season 3. He is the fourth fight of Rank 7.
- Shockwave — Sends a shockwave in a targeted direction, inflicting 2925000 Nature damage and knocking back enemies within 4 yards of each impact.
- Acidic Wound — Fel sickness infects the wounds of his current target, inflicting 40000 Nature damage every 2 sec. and reducing armor by 100% for 2 min.
- Grasping Hand — The caster summons a stone hands under the feet of a random enemy. These hand holds the victim in place until it is destroyed. While held, the victim suffers 60750 Physical damage every 3 sec.
- Death Throes — Inflicts 192375 to 212625 Fire damage to enemies, every 2 sec for 6 sec. Also fires missiles at enemies, inflicting 2593514 to 2866516 Fire Damage to enemies within 5 yards.
- Crushing Darkness — Creates a series of explosions that inflict 294328 to 309422 Shadow damage to all enemies within 4 yds of the impact.
- Gavel of the Tyrant — Inflicts 712500 to 787500 Fire damage to all players, knocking them away. Additionally radiates flames, inflicting 138750 to 161250 Fire damage to all players every 2 sec for 8 sec.
- Black Hole — Tears a hole in the fabric of reality for 30 sec, inflicting 600000 Physical damage to all players within the Black Hold every 1 sec. The mere existence of a Black Hole pulls all players towards its center.
- Fel Imp-losion — Inflicts 58500 to 61500 Fire damage to enemies within 3 yards, summoning Fel Imps at the location of the explosion.
- Shadowfel Burst — Shadowfel magic knocks a player very high into the air. Very high.
Through the fight, Ray D. Tear will assume the form of various bosses previously encountered in Hellfire Citadel: Siegemaster Mar'tak, Kormrok, Gurtogg Bloodboil, Kilrogg Deadeye, Gorefiend, Fel Lord Zakuun, Xhul'horac, Tyrant Velhari, Mannoroth and Archimonde. During each of these transformations, Ray D. Tear will cast a signature spell associated with that boss.
Shockwave must be avoided, as it's a one-hit kill. The Grasping Hand should be focused and destroyed as it will leave the player unable to move. Acidic Wound applies a bleed and an armor debuff, while Death Throes, Black Hole and Crushing Darkness should be side-stepped. Fel Crystals should be dropped in the corners of the arena as to leave good enough space to dodge its waves, while Gavel of the Tyrant should either be healed or nullified with an immunity. Lastly, Fel Imp-losion should be always be interrupted as to not allow Imps to be summoned.
- Before his encounter in the Brawler's Guild, Ray D. Tear was first spotted as an unknown being who had a tombstone dedicated to him in Lunarfall. The wraith who fights in the Brawler's Guild is presumably this being's ghost.
- Ray D. Tear's name is a reference to the comment that a feature "would cost a raid tier", which has turned into a meme on the official forums and elsewhere.
- This is further cemented by the Brawler's Guild announcer describing him as a fighter who "cost us so much", as well as his title of <The Eighteenth>, referring to him being Tier 18, the tier associated with Hellfire Citadel.
- More cynically, this seems to be at least a nod to the development of the Garrison system costing the original 18th tier.
- Patch 7.1.5 (2017-01-10): Added as a Brawler's Guild gladiator.
- Patch 6.0.2 (2014-10-14): Added as a gravestone.