Razor Hill is an orcish settlement built on a crossroads in central Durotar. The southern road eventually leads to Sen'jin Village and the Valley of Trials. The northern road leads to Orgrimmar, and the road west (now largely washed out by the Southfury Watershed) leads across the Southfury River to the Northern Barrens and eventually to the major Horde gathering point of the Crossroads. The Razor Hill Barracks is the single most prominent structure in the town. The town also has a burrow. Orgnil Soulscar is occupied with investigating the activities of the Burning Blade in the area. During the Darkspear Rebellion, Vol'jin captured the town from the Kor'kron and was using it to plan his attack.
Shortly after the Third War, the forces of Kul Tiras arranged a summit with Thrall at Razor Hill, which was just a hill. It was, in fact, a planned ambush. However, having speculated this, Rexxar insisted that he should go in Thrall's place. In turn, Rexxar defeated the assassins.
Far north of the hill, an outpost containing Gar'Thok and a barracks existed. It is speculated that the two locations were merged in lore and is the current Razor Hill. Alternatively, a new outpost could be built on the hill.
This section concerns content related to Mists of Pandaria.
During Garrosh Hellscream's reign as Warchief, he had his Kor'kron soldiers stationed at this town to protect the roads between Northern Barrens and Orgrimmar. When it was revealed that Vol'jin survived Garrosh's assassination attempt, through attacks on his supplies in the Barrens, Garrosh sent the Kor'kron to attack and destroy Sen'jin Village and all of their troll inhabitants. When the Kor'kron failed in their attack and were driven away, they began regrouping at Razor Hill where they caged up anyone not willing to work with them, orcs included. But before the Kor'kron could fortify the town Vol'jin led his own army to take control of the town and push the Kor'kron out.
After this successful assault Vol'jin placed his base of operations at the Razor Hill Watchtower, where Baine Bloodhoof joined him and advised the troll leader to accept help from outside the Horde, due to the blood elves and Forsaken across the seas attending to other situations.
This section concerns content related to Battle for Azeroth.
The Alliance set fire to storehouses at Razor Hill.
- Patch 5.4.0
- Vol'jin says: Almost all of da troops be here now.
- Baine Bloodhoof says: I am uneasy, old friend.
- Vol'jin says: An me as well. We dun know what Garrosh been plannin this whole time. What he's got in store for us.
- Baine Bloodhoof says: I fear for the safety of our people.
- Vol'jin says: Not everyone gonna come out of this alive.
- Baine Bloodhoof says: And for what? What did the Horde gain from such action? Garrosh is a fool, and a betrayer. I should have killed him long ago, when he betrayed my father.
- Vol'jin says: You gonna get your chance mon. But first we gotta take da city.
- Baine Bloodhoof says: Have you been communicating with the humans?
- Vol'jin says: Both da alliance and da horde got ships sailin for da harbor. We gonna split der forces an assault da front gate.
- Baine Bloodhoof says: A bold plan. Let us hope we do not run into any surprises.
- Vol'jin says: I don't think we got a choice, mon.
- Darkspear Headhunter
- Ready to fight, mon?
- Vol'jin be a true leader.
- We be ready to take da fight to Garrosh.
- Thunder Bluff Warrior
- I'm honored to fight alongside of you, <name>!
- The spirits will guide us in the coming battle.
- We will defeat Garrosh and restore the Horde!
5.3. additionsThe subject of this section has been removed from World of Warcraft in patch 5.4.0.
5.4 additionsThe subject of this section has been removed from World of Warcraft in patch 6.0.2.
In the RPG
- Razor Hill was said to be a meeting point of Thrall and Jaina Proudmoore.
- Despite the Razor Hill inn being burned down soon after Theramore's Fall, it was quickly rebuilt.
- From Escalation until Warlords of Draenor, Vol'jin, Baine Bloodhoof, and Meko Skychaser could be found within the town as well.
- Patch 6.0.2 (2014-10-14): Town back to normal.
- Patch 5.4.0 (2013-09-10): Now completely under Darkspear troll and tauren control.
- Patch 5.3.0 (2013-05-21): Town involved with the Darkspear Revolution. Town phases to Darkspear control after completing .